BANGKOK- DAY PASS ON THE SKY TRAIN


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 25th 2011
Published: May 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

DAY PASS ON THE SKY TRAIN



I got the tourist day pass for the sky train which cost 120 baht, a bargain because i made sure i used it to the max. Practically getting off at every stop to see what bangkok had to offer. To be fair i always seemed to end up at massive supermarket complexes which is great for the air conditioning but i was getting bored with the whole thing. I stopped off at a bar restaurant, had a few cold beers and headed up too Mo chit.
This was a good decision because it hosts a large lakeside park and i had a peaceful afternoon sitting beside to lake. It was a good antidote to all the hustle and bustle of bangkok cities. It reminded me a little of central park in New York city in the sense that alot of people were jogging around the park and the park boasted an area for weight lifting and other basic exercising equipment..I thought that was really cool, you couldn't do anything like that in England because it would be vandalised.
Around the park they had mega phones broadcasting soft thai music which was real relaxing but all of a sudden a whistle was blown from a guard and people suddenly stopped what they were doing. People stopped walking, people who were sleeping suddenly got up and stood to attention. I stopped walking wising to the fact that it was the national anthem. It felt very surreal with everyone stopping and it it made me think about our monarchy in the UK.

Tomorrow I head to Chiang Mai


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb