Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 3rd 2011
Published: March 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hello from bangkok!

So... its been an interestin first week and a bit in Thailand involving trips to pharmacies and Health promoting hospitals as well as a few very good touristy trips, and mixed weather (all the locals are surprised at the amount of rain). Our first 2 nights here were spent in the backpackers capital of Bangkok - Khaosan Road, which was ok but not exactly our cup of tea, although the market was good and the atmosphere lively. We also realised that being bitten was to become part and parcel of everyday here, slightly annoyin after the respite from mosquitos and other various bitey insects in China!

After 2 nights we made our way down to Koh Chang by bus and boat. When the taxi dropped us off as close as he could to our accommodation we had to walk 10 mins to get there. This walk was filled with a little bit of anxiety as we had no idea what the place we were stayin in would be like as the surrounds were minimalistic to say the least! It turned out to be very nice and the english guy running the place (a united fan 😊) was lovely. We slept the first night in a hut looking out to the sea and with the most fantastic sunset view, the second and third night we slept outside under the stars in the outdoor lounge area (due to its proximity to the toilets) and then we moved to one of the ensuite rooms for a further 3 nights after that. Before the food exerted its effects on Cassie we did manage to get in an island hopping boat trip with snorkelling aplenty (so we cud use our underwater camera and snorkels!!). It turned out to be a great day despite the torrential downpours of the early part of the day.

Once cass was feelin ok-ish we managed to finally get our elephant trek in (which we postponed for 4 days in a row) and this was my personal highlight of the trip. we rode the elphants up through the mountains and then went for a swim with them in the river which was amazing (despite the other elephant pooin in the river whilst we were swimming). It was an amazing exerience and i hope the photos reflect the fun we had.

We headed back to bangkok from there once the concoction of drugs had kicked in for Cass and are currently stayin in a lovely hostel/hotel well away from the major touristy areas of the city. in the last 3 days we have been to various markets and shoppin centres - including MBK which is absolutely huge we had no idea where we were at most points durin the day.

anyways thats all for now folks - its nice to be able to communicate properly again without having the chinese government interfere lol!!

hope all is well in engalnd

love to you all

Charlie and Cassie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb