Wine, women and temples


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 29th 2011
Published: January 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well arrived in Bangkok after a 9 hour flight from Melbourne. Trip was pretty uneventful, although we did take a quite northerly route over Suliwesi, Borneo, Vietnam and Cambodia to get there. Got to the hotel and crashed.

Wine


1st day we attempted take Bee's mum and dad to see the temples, however there was some sort of protest going on and none of the taxis would take us near the areas we wanted to go. So what did we do? We went shopping of course. That night we went to Jools for dinner and Bee got absolutely trashed.

Temples


2nd day, if I see another Buddhist temple it will be too soon. We went to Wat Phra Kheao (The Temple of the Emerald Buddha) and then a buch of other temples. I can't remember their names, but my knees ached with all the kneeling and making merit that went on. Bee kept throwing up every half hour, punishment for the night before. I must admit, that Wat Phra Kaeo impresses me every time I see it.

Women?


So where did the women come in? Well it was Bee's idea to take her parents to see a Thai go-go bar. I tried to pick the safest one in Nana Plaza, but it was still too much for a mother and grandmother to see half naked women dancing on stage. Anyone of those girls could have been someone from their village. Maybe even a niece or cousin.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb