What happens if you walk through a door in Thailand sideways?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 21st 2011
Published: January 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

well.....I'm here! Am feeling a little incoherent, so bare with me, it's been a bit of a crazy few days!!! .....not really sure where to begin actually... Oh I know, getting off the plane and finding our airport transfers... well basically we got off the plane and found our airport transfers - the woman was actually holding a card with our name on it! - having met the woman we waited for other people who were also getting the same transfer "c benton".... I think to myself that I use to live with Carly Benton at uni (she's one of Jodies best friends).... was it her?.... ofcourse it was!!! random.com. So we ended up getting a lift to our hotel with her, I doubt we'll see her again tho, especially as it appears she has de-friends me on fb (bitch! 😊
anyway... our hotel is fine, thankfully its air conditioned and clean ish!! so by the time we were all settled we went out to get some food....and drink!... and yoli thankfully was kind enough to give us some beer money, which we spent on 4 beers and was actually hammered! (I Kno i'm a lightweight but stingray was drunk too!) drinking 6.5% beer is lethal! anyway i seem to remember promising a thai woman I'd give her a newcastle shirt and we left at that point....

now today - must admit I did feel a little worse for wear today. we decided to go to the palace and so set off with the worst map ever! Got to the end of the road when a nice man stopped to give us directions - this went on for a while before he then tried to make us get a tuk tuk somewhere - we said no!.... however he was quite useful and we carried on walking.... then, another kind man asking if we needed directions..... then trying to make us get in a tuk tuk.... we said no... we went to the riverbank - which was rele nice. then we started walking again....and a nice man started asking if we needed directions....a tuk tuk....we said no..... this happened once more, and the last man was actually quite nice, he wrote out all the good places to go then arrange for a tuk tuk to take us..... we said yes... OMG fucking brilliant! we actually saw most of Bangkok! we went to this buddhist place (called the lucky budha) - where a nice man asked if we were buddhists LOL... basically he was rele suprised we were there because today its a rele special day a day where all buddhists kinda pilgrimage to this 1 place because there's only 2 times each year when people are allowed in it (normally only monks can go in it) and basically its considered lucky to go into it, and people generally only go once in their lives when they're about to embark on something important (like getting married or buying a house) and there me and sting were having stumbled upon this place on the luckiest day of the year! i'm hoping this bodes well for travelling!
we went to some other cultural places but I wont bore you....
the tuk tuk was really Cheap 20 baht which is about 50p and considering he showed us all the sights and we were driving around for about 3 hours we were pretty pleased! HOWEVER... the reason it's so cheap is because the tuk tuk driver takes you to shops, and then the shop give him some money for the petrol! he told us this and was quite open about it - obviously me and sting didnt mind helping him out so we agreed to go to this shop so he could get his petrol coupon..... Fucking hell! he pulls up...outside a suit shop! now even at the best of times neither me or sting have any need for a suit! ....we go in.... immediately greeted by friendly thai man who is quite insistant on telling us exactly what material we should buy for our suits... how much is a suit...about 3,000 pounds! erm..... no thanks, most awkward experience ever! ..... UNTIL... the next stop... tuk tuk man in order to get another coupon needs us to go into a jewellery shop....walk into expensive jewellery shop, immediate greeted by over friendly thai woman and between 8-10 shop assistants (we were the only people in the shop!!) ....then had to spend 10 minutes pretending to be interested in by a necklace.... cringeworthy! but we did get to see everything and had a well good day! ... tonight we tried to find ko san road, we tried to find it last night but couldn't and again today and we're starting to think maybe it was made up, but we found it.....got about 10 metres down the road and firework was playing in 1 of the bars, LOL!!! stingray bought some weird insects which she hasn't eaten yet but i'm not letting her get out of it!! there are so many gays around, in order to be subtle sting and I have come up with some cleverly disguised code words.... if the person is a ladyBoy we call them Rene (who btw i'd like someone to pull by the time im back!).... and if it's a lesbian we call them chops....
I didn't get sunburnt today 😊 but I have been bitten quite a few times so probably have malaria.... we're going to spend the weekend in Bangkok then go to Ko Chang which is one of the islands to the south east, for some diving and elephant trekking! I bought my first gift - for tom for his birthday - its a frog, i hope he likes it....
I think that's all but I can't remember.
Miss you and love you all xxx

ps - we've got a new coin.... I have 1 kiren, sting has no "f's"....

pps - you bangkok....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb