Visas and fun


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 28th 2006
Published: May 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Firstly I got a few photos from Cambodia. Every three months I must go to Cambodia to get a stamp in my passport then return to Bangkok. It's a bit of a pain in the ass but a lot better than having to go every month as a lot of foreigners have to. The visa run takes up a whole day (6:20 am leave & home about 5:00(ish)) I use a tour company that does everything for me. Meet them at the local pick up point, sit down on the bus, handover passport and sleep. At Cambodia I go to the newly renovated Visa application office and wait in a short queue. After getting a Visa to enter Cambodia I walk over the bridge that has a sh!te load of beggers & head to the casino where there is a free buffet lunch waiting. One hour later I return to the Visa office get handed back my passport by the tour company & then get a nice new stamp into Thailand. Job done...to the pictures...





































































Well, thats the visa bit. Now for the fun! I have been doing a few summer school class's this month and was told that the new school semester would start on the 16th of May. The contract would actually start on the 1st of May allowing under two weeks (weekends & holidays) for preperation. I have recently been told that the contract wont start untill the 10th of May now because the directors want to save money! Pfffft. They have just built a concrete dome enterance to the school that resembles some Greek sh!t & they skimp on saving a few thousand bhat by prolonging the contract start date of 3 of it's teachers. Talks with the head are getting no where so later I'm off to talk to the directors. Grrrrr.

The summer school required the students to do some smallish exams that were prepared by the teachers. Every hour taught for each day = 50 marks. I teach level 2, twice in 1 day so I had to make them an exam that consisted of 100 marks. Level 1, 1 hour a day = 50 marks. I made the exams and finished them and marked them in due time then the lovely office lady puts the marks to paper and gets the teachers to sign the forms. Another teacher signed all of my level two forms and then im asked to sign marks given to level three students. I never taught, marked, or examined level 3. I refused to put my name to that paper! Off she goes, toddling off down the hall way to ask the teacher who signed my forms to also sign his own. Two minutes later she comes back

"Can you sign here"?
I look at the form firstly checking the level, ok it's level 1, yup I taught them. Then I check the mark ratio, It's out of 100. I did not conduct a test with level 1 that consisted of 100 marks. I did a level 1 test that was 50 marks because I only teach them 1 hour a day!!! Again I refuse to sign!!! Again she toddles off down the hall inspecting her mass of forms.

Funily enough, she returns once again wanting me to sign a grade form for a student I have never heared of or seen of before. All fun & games.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb