Hospitalised in Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 15th 2005
Published: May 25th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Gerry and Denise's Journey so far


Phra Siratana Chedi at the Grand Palace, BangkokPhra Siratana Chedi at the Grand Palace, BangkokPhra Siratana Chedi at the Grand Palace, Bangkok

The Grand Palace complex was established in 1782 and houses the royal residence and throne halls, some government offices and the Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
On the night of the 23rd January we were airlifted from Hanoi and flown to Bangkok so that Denise could receive more sophisticated tests and treatment at the 5 star Bumrungrad Hospital (fortunately our travel insurance were paying!). As mentioned in the last entry she was finally diagnosed with strongyloides followed by pneumonia. While Denise was suffering with all manner of nasty discomforts I (Gerry) also had developed a nasty rash on both my legs. Being concerned that the strongyloides worm had wiggled its way into my body I decided to take advantage of the world class medical expertise and go and consult a skin specialist at the hospital. The doctor didn't even get off her seat to examine me, she simply said my legs were dry and try some moisturiser on them! It cleared within 2 days!

Denise eventually got out of hospital on 1st Feb but was still an outpatient until the day before we had to leave for Sydney. She got the all-clear just in the nick of time.

Over the 2 weeks or so I managed to go sightseeing once or twice, hence the photos (I wasn't out enjoying myself all the time!). I took some photos of Denise in hospital but she wouldn't let me show them on this site!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

The Meridien Hotel, BangkokThe Meridien Hotel, Bangkok
The Meridien Hotel, Bangkok

We didn't stay here! Many buildings have spirit houses outside to honour the spirits.
Soi 3, Th. Sukhumvit, BangkokSoi 3, Th. Sukhumvit, Bangkok
Soi 3, Th. Sukhumvit, Bangkok

The street where the Royal Benja hotel (the big building at the end) and the Bel-Aire Hotel are located. We stayed in both.
Flashy roundabout!Flashy roundabout!
Flashy roundabout!

Outside the Grand Palace, Bangkok.
Children play with kitesChildren play with kites
Children play with kites

In park opposite the Grand Palace, Bangkok.
Bangkok from the Royal Benja HotelBangkok from the Royal Benja Hotel
Bangkok from the Royal Benja Hotel

We were on the 25th floor.


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb