Pit Stop in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 15th 2010
Published: November 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok started the same way how we left Kathmandu: as a little disaster. At the day of departure from Kathmandu Steffi got sick. It was not a nice flight for her and for the airplanes’ toilet, neither. 😊 Otherwise it was a fantastic service of Thai airways because they cared the most they were able to.

Once we arrived in Bangkok (what a big and cool airport instead to Kathmandu!), we decided to go directly to the airport doctor. After an injection and some medicine for Steffi to end the nausea, we started our “adventure” in Bangkok.

But it became not really an adventure because the most we saw was our hotel room at Rambuttri Road. Steffi got better day by day, but as we decided to travel to Cambodia, Thomas got sick again. What a disaster, again.

After that new situation our plan to travel first to Cambodia and then to Vietnam, changed. We stayed in Bangkok for another 3 days. In the end it became one week and not only a few days in Bangkok as we had planned before. Nevertheless, we have had some beautiful days in Bangkok.

At one day we traveled by boat and saw nearly everything you can see in Bangkok – the King’s Palace, the Reclining Buddha, …. At another day we went to cinema to watch some movie. The movie was okay, but the cinema’s seats were amazing…we were lying in the biggest seats ever. We also went to the Siam Ocean World to see Nemo and his companions 😊. The remaining hours of the day we spend on the pool, reading and swimming. So at the end of the week, we felt like we have seen and done at least something.

At our last day in this city we meet Ashley (from our Trek in the Annapurnas) again. After a beer in a nice “English” Pub, we sat down in another bar for some drinks and watched the fantastic finals of the Formula 1 Grand Prix and its happy ending.

The next day we departured from Bangkok at 7 am. It was horrible getting up after just 4 hours of sleep (having had a week with lots of sleep-in days and naps at the Pool 😊 ), but we arrived early in the morning in Ho Chi Minh City...and it was really warm & humid.



Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb