Called it a 6th sense


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 12th 2005
Published: March 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well, we are just getting back to civilization after 4 days with little to no electricity and boats that nearly tipped with each voyage and a bus trip like no other...but I will save all that for the next log, this one is about our trip to this place.

It started right after we got back from Koh Samet, we had originally booke dour train tickets to leave on the 2nd of March, after we waited in Bangkok for our Irish counterpart. The whole time we were away from Sean and Fiona we with held the information that we bought a train ticket on the same train and it was all going to be this magical suprise when we waited until the train began leaving the station and we came strolling along...you all know me and suprises.
Anyways all day we spent with Sean and Fiona, they were mad we never got on the same train (we had told them it was booked, cheeky aren't we?) when it was time to leave we left early and got a cab to the train station to get some beers for the ride and hide out so they never saw us.
Well this train was to leave at 8:45pm, and we are giggling and thinkin we are the two funniest people(it sounds lame, but it was a good idea). Anyways it is 8:48pm and the train has not left and there is no sign of Fiona and Sean. All of a sudden April loudly says, OH MY GOD, YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT I KNOW RIGHT NOW!!! Isay what, she says worng train run......
So there we are running off the train, we were at train 9 and they were train 3, train 9 takes you to Northern Laos, train 3 to southern, the same distance as wanting to go from, Edmonton to Sasktoon and ending up in Winnepeg.
So we are running off this train as it is starting to move, diesel smoke everywhere, and trying to make our way to the ticket counter. We get there and frantically say Chong Mek, that was the crossing we wanted...paid our extra money and began running for the real train we needed got on it, as it was pulling away.
Funny thing is we had looked at that ticket for a week, but never thought to look where the exact location was for we simply told the lady Laos, so she assumed northern Laos, and after April sensing something checked it 2 minutes after the train was due to leave.
Anyways, sweaty and laughing we found Sean and Fiona on the train and had a beer or 12 to get the full laugh out of it.
Word to the wise, always double check everything is SE Asia!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb