Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 30th 2010
Published: June 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day One:
After countless hours of planes, screaming children on planes and unidentifiable food on planes, I finally made it! I had no trouble finding Cat and Corina in the airport, and we made sure EVERYONE knew the Americans were in town by jumping around and screaming our heads off. We took a one hour taxi ride to our hostel which is in the heart of Bangkok. The streets are lined with vendors of all sorts from kalamansi juice stands(amazing) to Singha Beer shirts (we all bought one in different colors). The heat is almost unbearable but luckily our hostel is air conditioned and the showers are nice and cold. I have already made some new friends, a girl from the Netherlands who is traveling alone and a few Canadian guys who just came from Laos. They were able to give us some good tips on where to to when we're there. The area we are in is invested with foreigners who all seem to be around our age so I'm sure we will have no trouble finding more friends. I can't believe I'm FINALLY here! Tonight we are off to have a traditional thai dinner and then it's off to the bars! Tomorrow we catch a train to Ko Panghan which should be stunning. More updates to come!

Love,
Elyse

Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.6kb