Back in Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 28th 2005
Published: January 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Shopping to be done
Tuk Tuk ride: Good vibrations.
Bye Bye Kristina.

We caught the overnight train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. It was pretty cool. There are two seats that face one another and you can pop in a table if needed. Then at night they convert the two seats to two sleeper bunks with curtains for a little bit of privacy...or suffocation...depending on how you want to look at it. haha I was opposite Becky (Phew!) and a bunch of us played cards (Gin and Blackjack) to pass the time. Funniest moment was when we were playing Blackjack and Mike joins in. His first hand he keeps asking for cards. So there are now three cards showing. I can't help but ask, "Mike, shouldn't you look at ALL of your cards before asking for more?" Mike, "I thought that was a spare card...what's that for?" I seriously could not control the laughter and just lost it...

At one point we were going to go down to the dining car to play since it was getting a bit cramped playing at our seats BUT we felt a bit unwelcome since they said they were only serving beer and there were some pretty drunk tourists already whooping it up and dancing on the table tops! Guess we didn't seem as fun when we tried to order a few Cokes. lol So we quickly retreated back to the safety of our sleeper car.

Our train arrived pretty early in the morning and we were back at our hotel by about 6AM where we all indulged in an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast. Our last meal all as a big group. Some left Bangkok the same day. Some stayed on a few more days. As for me, the next week in Bangkok lay before me. I was starting to think that is six days too many. lol My "to do" list will include checking out my options at several travel agents...

A few of us made plans to meet up for some shopping but of course that was after we had a chance to settle into our hotel rooms and take a much needed nap. Or in Colleen's case, check out the really bad 80's movie that was playing. When we were all ready to hit the streets to do some shopping we realized not many of the vendors on Khao San road were set up for selling stuff so we retreated to the Starbucks to cool down. Eventually we parted ways again and I headed off in a tuk tuk with Kristina since she wanted to buy her mom a nice table runner and you can't find that on touristy Khao San Road. After a couple of stops and lots of Baht later, it was mission accomplished for Kristina. Then back to running a few last minute errands, grabbing lunch and spending some time with Becky and Kristina. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Actually quite relaxing. A late dinner. Reorganization of my stuff...yet again. And then seeing Colleen and Kristina off to the airport. It was a bit sad to see Larry sad to say goodbye to his daughter Colleen who is currently living in Korea. Sigh...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb