Back in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 1st 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello All

So we've arrived back in Bangkok and it feels a little like going home. Quite nice to have all the home comforts back but still miss those sandy beaches. Now out of sensitivity i have sent this early saturday morning in England so all you workers reading this won't feel too depressed. Since last blog we did Scuba Diving in Ko Tao (just an introductory one off) but was quite cool. Went down to a depth of 12 metres and saw lots o fish, also had a nose bleed as i didn't equalize properly but all was well as i didn't even notice. Cathy as usual took it all in her stride. After Ko Tao we got first a boat and then a bus and then another boat to East Raily a beach in the Krabi Region. East Raily where we stayed was quite ugly in beach terms but accomodation was cheap and nightlife had a travellers vibe to it. Also you could'titerally walk to two other beaches one of which was West Raily which is one of the most beautiful beaches i have seen in Thailand. Sorry to all those fans of the Ko Pha Ngan etc it was a mainland beach that did it for me. Anyway after four days here around about we headed back up to Bangkok full circle.

Cathy plans to bore me to death with shoppiing both today and tomorrow so really looking forward to that, he he. Also planning to go to Pat Pong the sex district in Bangkok with Cathy i might add for those of you who thought i'd be sneaking off there alone. More for the experience than anything else and also the shoppings supposed to be good, someone might think i was making excuses. Thats all really, Thailand all in all has been amazing and there would still be a lot more to see if i came back again. No real regrets though and really looking forward to Australia but not to the prices.

A few interesting facts about Thailand:

The jury is out but Fanta Orange in Thailand tastes different (Cathy states horrible) and the green one, well just don't.

Don't order western food even if you get the craving, stick to the Thai.

As jet powered spray gun and no toilet paper, need i say more.

Saw a huge spider killed by a wasp to other day. Apparently the wasp first paralyses the spider and then lays its eggs in its still living body. Nice.

If someone states "special price just for you" run for the hills

Redbull here is 10 times the strength of UK version, throw in some whisky in a bucket for around 3 quid and your away.

There are lots of dogs in Thailand, there is also a lot of rabies.

Travelling australians seem to get kicks out of scaring pommies.

Anyway thats enough, time for lunch. Also thanks for the footy updates Matty and my shirt was two different colours because i was sweating after climbing up a near vertical rock scramble.

Belatedly happy birthday to Zoe, glad you liked the card and pressie xx

Hey Paul, where's my email!!!!??

To all at Uni, hope the finals are coming along okay and not spoiling the Easter hols too much.

To all those working on monday enjoy the weekend and try not to hate us too much.

Lots of Love
Guy and Cathy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb