Thailand - Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 1st 2006
Published: April 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Bangkok, Thailand on Tuesday evening. Bangkok is very busy (like Singapore) but is much more chaotic. The traffic is much worse since the skytrain and subway are not extensive - I think they are new and they plan to expand them. There are a lot of motorcycles and tuk-tuk (three-wheeled motor vehicle taxis) as well as cars and buses. On Wednesday we walked around the part of the city we were staying and also found a bus that was going to the train station so we could buy tickets to our next destination. It was interesting to walk around in a new place. On Thusday we went to the 'Grand Palace'. This is a huge complex of buildings (the King no longer lives there). It was very impressive. Attached is a Wat (temple) that contains the Emerald Buddha. This was also very impressive. On Friday we went to a mansion where the King used to live - it was entirely made of Teak and was interesting. Friday night we caught an overnight train to Chiang Mai). Bangkok was very interesting, with a lot to see, but it was also very tiring, trying to get around in a place with so many people. We are eventually flying out from Bangkok so we will go back there again before we leave.

- Matt


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb