Tiger Temple and The Floating Market


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 20th 2010
Published: February 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey! Today we went to the tiger temple and the floating market. It was not really what i expected! We met some really nice people, but there was this one lady who just moaned the whole day about EVERYTHING!!! Anyway the first place we went to was the floating market, it was sooo nice, we got a boat around the canal then walked around the inside part of the market, everything was soo lovely, hannah took lots of photos and i looked around the stalls. I bought a nice sun hat! Next we went to this snake show which wasnt part of the trip, it cost extra so 3 of us didnt go in because 1) we didnt want to pay more and 2) we think making snakes fight is cruel!!! Lunch was next which was good because by this time we were very hungry!! (it took ages to drive to each place) It wasnt too bad, apparently the toilet wasnt very nice.
Tiger temple was the next part of our trip. We were not impressed! Firstly over lunch other people on the trip told us that they drug the tigers to keep them calm! Secondly when we got there the tigers were on chains, some looked really thin and hot. We both had photos taken with them but they kept taking us from tiger to tiger to have a photo, after about the third tiger we had both had enough and asked to leave. From the video that we were shown on the plane to Bangkok it gave the impression that the tigers and monks lived together peacefully, it made me think they were like pets but i would never treat my baby molly like that!! and im sure hannah would never treat tilly like that!!
I will try and put some photos on here but im not too sure how yet.
lots of love
Amy and Hannah xxxxx

Advertisement



21st February 2010

Aww ames bless the poor tigers :(!! The floating market sounds so cool though i had a look on facebook at the photos of it!! Glad you are having a lovely time i am missing you already. love you lots xxxx

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb