Thailand here we come!!!!!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 4th 2005
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post


Left Heathrow last night after lots of goodbyes to both families, everyone was really sad so we had to contain our excitement til we'd passed through the gates...finally through we were on our way and on our own, so excited and abit scared but it was what we'd been waiting for!
Killed abit of time shopping (or should i say looking ) around the airport until it was finally time to board the plane.
Before we knew it 11hrs had passed and we were landing in Bangkok-watching Tom Cruise for 11hrs definitly helps pass the time!
Got talking to the girl next to us called Lynsey, she was only 18 and very 'blonde'....she thought Bangkok was in Japan-ah bless!
Once outside the airport things were easier than we thought-jumped on the shuttle which dropped us on the road of our hotel and managed to find it fairly quickly. The hotel was amazing-Bel Airre Princess-we were treated like Royalty, had 2 queen size beds, a mini bar, sky t.v and gorgeous views over the city..all for under a fiver a night each!!!
Over the few days we walked around loads of markets and passed millions of mcdonalds & KFCs.
Bangkok is so busy with traffic which makes it really hard to breathe walking around. Theres been a few eye openers too, people led all over the streets, especially women with small babies which is very sad :o(

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 14; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb