Whats the capital of Thailand?


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 9th 2009
Published: September 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Yeh, you know the joke?

Following on from my previous blog...we stayed at night in a nice town called Trat once we left the border. As it was quite late, there was no point in getting a bus straight to Bangkok as we would have arrived in the early hours of the morning. After a cheap meal, and just the one beer, it was an early night. The next morning, we went straight to the bus station and got the first bus back to the capital. Although it was a 6 hour journey, we all new this was our last bus journey of our travels, so we had to enjoy it.

We decided to stay in a hostel, the first since NZ!, as Nic and Stef stayed here last October and it is in a very good area. Although it is clean etc, it is dearer for one of us in a 10 bed dorm, than it was for the 3 of us the previous night in a double and a single room! At night, it was time to visit the infamous Patpong district of Bangkok, home to ladyboys, ping pong shows, and good old fashioned prossies. I was a bit nervous at first, as Nic and Stef had told me that the ladyboys tend to wink and wave at young men, as they are their customers! Fortunately, I didn't get too much attention, and in fact, didn't see that many of them. Although, there are a lot of single, white males drinking in the bars, they are the sex tourists, Stefanie tells me! So after a nice Thai meal, we headed back to our hostel. Unfortunately, the rain was again pouring, so in the 5 minute walk to the hostel, we all got absolutely soaked!

Our last full day and night in Bangkok, we went and explored some of the popular tourist sights. Our first stop was to Chinatown. In Sydney and other Australian cities, Chinatown usually consists of one little narrow street, but Bangkok's was totally different. It's a huge district, probably the size of Dundee or something (well near enough). We had a nice lunch which cost a total of 3 pound between the 3 of us, bargain. We then went to the main backpacker spot of Kao San Road. We all decided to spend the last of our Thai Bahts here and bought every piece of souvenir rubbish you can think of between the us!

So, 6 countries, 7 currencies, crossing different time zones 7 times, my adventure has nearly finished. We fly out of Bangkok at 0045 on Friday and will arrive in Edinbugh around 10am on Friday. I hope you have all enjoyed reading about my travels, and if I don't get a job straightaway on my return, I will maybe put my remaining pictures up.

See you's all soon


x

Advertisement



10th September 2009

ha
bet you were gutted that the lady boys werent chatting you up haha well safe journey pal and ill speak to you soon xox :)

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb