Singapore to Bangkok- much needed update!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 4th 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After taking an hour to book the ticket at the airport- there was a very slow moving small queue, i managed to book a ticket to Bangkok.
Had a great time last wednesday night out- was very busy- reminded me of freshers week...opposite time of year here though, they have all just broken up now and had there last exams so were out celebrating. Fun times! Recognised quite a lot of the music and then had moments when i thought i really should know the song but just didn't have a clue what it was lol.
My thoughts on Singapore is that i don't think its a fine city as much as people make it out to be...i think it just makes the threats more visible than in other countries, there were many things that were allowed that are not in England.
All in all a lovely city to chill out in, met some lovely people who i am sure will make it to england one day...

Finally made it to Bangkok...the airport was bizarrely quiet...really strange feeling...got through the airport and into a taxi...got ripped off but decided that for the few pounds i couldn't be bothered to argue/barter and told him that i am only being generous as its the kings birthday.
Had quite a successful few days shopping, managed to get most christmas presents now, just hoping they survive the journey back to England, i do fear that my bag will be overweight :S :S...going to ring them tomorrow to find out how much extra it is...and i will ask about orchids too...
Had an unsuccessful christmas shopping day today but successful for self-indulgence, even finishing the day with cake and madademia mocha shake...oops.
Not sure what plans are for rest of week, its very empty here at the hostel and in bangkok really, may head to the Aquarium...we will see.
All my photos are uploaded now up to Singapore 😊 😊 - including scuba diving photos so enjoy 😊
Catch up soon,
xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb