JHB-DOHA-BKK


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 22nd 2008
Published: November 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

us about to board the plane to dohaus about to board the plane to dohaus about to board the plane to doha

us about to board the plane to doha
We are here in bangkok safely 😊 had a fairly good flight from jhb to doha. We had the seats behind fire escape so great leg room! and flight was very empty. Arrived in doha around 9pm and found the hotel shuttle to take us to the Al Liwan suites, very nice!had a lounge with big tv, loads of satelite channels, mostly foreign though, a nice bathroom and bedroom with aircon😊 Gave us dinner and a refreshment pack. Left Doha around 9am. Great flight, had own screens with video on demand, so kung fu panda, the office, house, frasier etc got us through the 6hour trip.
Arrived in a very...very crazy bangkok!!! humid and odd smelling! Went outside and were greeted by a myriad of metered taxi vendors. A french couple asked if we would share with them, we did. Over an hour later through BKK's gridlock traffic we arrived in Banglamphu, where we thought we had a reservation...apparently not.
A persistent tuk-tuk driver offered his services...to take us to the T.A.T office (Thailands official tourism agency)..to help us find accomodation as it was approaching 10pm. After a very long trip past several so called T.A.T agencies and forgetting our travel
doha-our loungedoha-our loungedoha-our lounge

doha hotel our lounge
guide in one and having to go back and get it (unbelievable mission..language barrier)..we found ourselves (by mistake) at a rather nice guest house (Tavee). Clean room with fan, nice bathrooms, restaurant and internet cafe! 450 baht for the night....

Still trying to adjust to the time difference as we are on about 7pm and its just after 12 here so trouble getting to sleep. (The internet cafe is also a massage parlour...)

Tomorrow we plan to get an overnight train ticket to chiangmai and see a little of BKK.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

view from plane to bkkview from plane to bkk
view from plane to bkk

dubai--can see the world and palm islands


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb