Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 6th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We made it!! After 19.5 hours of air travel we have finally made it! We actually got in last night around midnight, we passed through immigration/ customs with ease and were on the street by 12:30 looking for our ride! After some wandering through the meeting point in front of the massive Bangkok airport we heard someone shouting our name from behind us in the crowd!

For those that dont know, there is a thai food restaurant in our town that we have been religously going to for the last three years and wee made good friends with the owner. When we told her we were coming to Thailand she immediately arranged a pick up for us at the airport! We met her niece and soon to be nephew named Ash and Jub. They showed us to there car and the moment the doors of that airport opened it was like stepping into a sauna! Even at midnight and later the temperature was over 80 degrees! And the humidity was so thick it was like walking into a wall.

Ash and Jub drove us through the chaos that is Bangkok night traffic and to our guest house which is just a block over from the infamous Khao San Road. The guest house was very very basic and for 600 baht (about $15.00) we got a clean room with a shower and queen size bed with a/c! We unloaded our stuff and hit the streets. We mustve looked like zombies because we hadnt slept in over 24 hours and we were trying to stay personable to be polite to our new friends that took time out of there nights to get us! The street food vendors here never close so we got a quick plate of red curry with chicken and a huge bottle of water to rehydrate! Total cost 30 baht.... Less than a $1 US.... Youre killin me!

After the food we were just about to drop dead tired so we said our goodbyes and went up to the room where we passed out almost immedaitely.

SO here we are, our first morning and the streets here are ALIVE! Theres fish vendors with creepy crawlys flopping around, the smells of pad thai and cashews cooking! Tuk Tuk drivers honking and putting around! Today were going to buy our train tickets to Krabi Province which is way way down south! Were gunna get some serious beach time in and Ill try and post some pictures later.

I love you all and dont worry about us, we are safe and sound and surrounding by the best food and nicest people on earth! GOod bye for now, well try to write again tonight!

-Kyle and Ari

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb