DAY 2 - breakfast, cemetries, elephants and TIGERS


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 5th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today (which is actually yesterday but i am one day behind in writing) is the day to see the tigers. So our friend Anna trying to do the right thing the night before and give us a 'go to bed' call actually got us out of bed to answer the phone.. She certainly did underestimate just how tired these two travellers were. so now it is time to wake up early BEFORE 6am and prepare for the day. our driver shall collect us at 630 but OH NO it is now 625 and I am HUNGRY!
So we decided to sneak past the lobby to the breakfast room. and the breakfast room was quite magnificent. quite like a palace with river views and you just wait until i tell you about the food... I have never imagined such a delightful breakfast. Table 1 with ever sort of fruit and berry and some vegetables you can imagine, so fresh adn juicy. Table 2 with fersh meats on the bone and a chef to slice it for you.. every type of meat in every variety, smoked, steamed, fried, baked... and more more more.. Table 3 with every breakfast cereal , actually not every breakfast cereal - WHERE ARE THE POP TARTS?!?!?!
Another Table with bacon, eggs, baked beans, sausages, and things alone these lines, another table with every type of bread, muffin, roll, pastry, danish, croissants, a table with curries and rices and things like this - yuck for breakfast. and a personal chef who will cook you any variety of egg dish you would like to create. Choose your egg, now choose your fillings, perhaps some cheese, capsicum, bacon, would you like that poached, fried, scrambled or perhaps an omlette - OMLETTE PLEASE!! and then the beverages - the WORST hot chocolate i have ever tasted in my life - yuck yuck. it had a mild poison flavour. and the juices. Can you think of any fruit ever grown. do it now.. then imagine it icy cold in a glass with ice cubes and perhaps 6 other types of juice.
So all this food and only 5 minutes but our driver waited for us like any good driver would.

TO THE WAR CEMETRY FIRST. you can just look at the photos. it is what it looks like - a grass field with many many many headstones. the grass however was the greenest softest of all grasses and i just had to dive in it.. oh dear now brown stained knees of my once white knee'd jeans. 😞

And we decided to purchase a thailand photo album. after the purchase corey adn i hear a voice echo in our heads - and it is the voice of Lisa.. ."elephant poo!... elephant poo... elephant poo..." Oh dear i hope this is not elephant poo i would quite like to put my photos in here.

Next STOP = Elephant Camp. This was not on the agenda but i think our friend Atu the tour guide was a big fan of this elephant camp because this is where we went. Little baby elephants that looked just like Dumbo. and huge big elephants. and one little elephant that was very very thirsty. He came adn tapped each person on the shoulder to ask for some money. So you give him 20 baht (80c) and he takes it to the BAR and buys a soy milk. then he comes back and asks you to open it for him adn pour it down down down down - and noone can drink as fast as this little fella. not at all.
Bye elephants - time to go!

To the tigers. and when we arrived so did the storm clouds. down to the Tiger canyon which is a big dusty pit. and so many tigers all sleepy and hot. just lay there and occasionally will stand up. but mostly lay. and unlike boring australian zoos where all you can do is watch through 10inch thick glass - the tour guide take you to meet each one of the tigers. event the angry one on the rock. and photos with all of them.. the tour guides LOVE the PHOTOS.
And then it is time to meet the babies. They are just like kittens but dog size. when you wiggle your fingers they try to eat them. so cute you just do not want to leave them.

Then back to the hotel - a two hour bus ride... dinner and perhaps a quick shopping trip but the shops were shut.. adn when the shops shut all the poeple just walk outside with a big big bag adn set up a new hsop being a blanket on teh ground woth things to buy..


Advertisement



7th October 2008

why i am very jealous but i shall be there in 7 weeks :) i hope you spent my $500 wisely and bought all the $2 treasures you could ever find :D go ride a tuk tuk already fools ! love your favouritist sister in the worlddddd CAITLINNNNNNNN :D

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb