Sawasdee!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 18th 2005
Published: January 18th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We've only been here a few days and have already had some amazing experiences. Bangkok is every bit as noisy, dirty & smelly as we expected, but also a fascinating place. Have visited a few wats, had a thai massage (only two pounds girls - think I might be having a few more of those) and spent this morning travelling around on a tuk tuk. Karl is loving feeling so tall among all these Thais! Had a delicious dinner on the street in China Town last night - yes Mum, they really do wash the dishes in the gutter - and we live to tell the tale!

We just took a river taxi out to the suburbs, along with some schoolchildren and monks, past some incredible houses / huts on the river, interspersed with beautiful temples and giant golden buddhas. The guy who sold us the boat ticket didn't mention there is no return though, so we had to bribe another water taxi to bring us back.

Hoping to travel on the Death Railway tomorrow to Bridge Over the River Kwai, if we can wake up in time for the 0600 start.

Have given our passports over to the Thai Tourist Office to organise visas for Laos. They promise to drop them off to us when we reach Chang Mai on Thurs (14 hour train journey). We shall see.....

Advertisement



19th January 2005

Bangkok
Wow it brings back all those memories. Don't forget to visit the Baioke Sky Tower in Bangkok if you get a chance, also watch out for the train as you walk over the Bridge over the River Kwai. Hope you didn't get ripped off buy to many tuk tuk drivers stopping off at jewelery stores for their free fuel!! Be good Love Peggles - Peggles

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb