1st leg of our trip :-)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 14th 2008
Published: September 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, trying out this travel blog thing to keep you all informed of our travels!! easier than repeating the same email to everybody! but please do email and message us aswell!!! love to hear from u guys from back home.

so from home, our flight was 11 hours to Bangkok from Heathrow. Good flight went pretty quick!!! Had a meal, slept and woke up with only 1 hr and a half to go! Good times :-) (unlike our transfer from bangkok to samui, bad times!)

arrived in bangkok around 3pm, got our luggage fine in bangkok airport...then headed towards the exit, our 1st taste of asia.....we had picked up a few tips from friends and the lonely planet. it was either gonna be bus or a taxi...the key is to get a metered taxi. so we found the queue for it and managed our way to the hotel after a confuffle of explaining where the hotel was in Sukhamvit to the taxi driver...Sukhamvit road is mainly hotels quite a few and u need to know what road it is off of Sukhamvit Road!!! Arrived at our hotel that we'd booked a while ago on the net....Amari St. James, 4* b&b, 3 nights 102quid for us both! bargin! treated like royalty here, welcome drinks which i sipped out of caution and dan just downed! which we later found out was some sort of juice, cant remember it right now! will inform later if we remember! was a nice fruit drink but yeh cant remember what it was....hmmm.

on the 1st night we just chilaxed in the hotel, had a nice meal there - i have this thing about embracing the local surroundings....had to try some thai food! had wonton noodle soup, not most adventurous but at least i didnt have a grilled cheese and chicken sandwich with chips (daniel!). gorgeous pudding, photo on fbook! naturally!!!

went to sleep about 10pm that night (we are 6 hours ahead even in Samui), we both woke up in the middle of the night for a few hours!! was a rough nite! but then fell asleep around 5am and just bout managed to make breakfast that finished at 10am. I have had to set an alarm to get up as we have found it really hard getting up. Alarm for 9.30am tho, haha! Feels like 6am tho!! We havent adjusted very well :-( Still bad now, expecially with travelling o/n and feeling tired during day etc.

our 1st proper day we booked a 12 hour coach/bus/boat transfer to samui, explored and did the temples in bangkok.

tbc....


Advertisement



15th September 2008

Jealous!
Hi Jo - just read your 1st travel blogg! It's bringing back memories from my travels and I feel jealous as I am sitting here typing! Well at least I am off work this week but would much rather be where you guys are!! Keep the bloggs coming, I love reading travelling stories!! Take care of yourselfs. Zoe X

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb