bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

and then there was one.

greg left a few days ago, back for SA, leaving me in bangkok with a plan of another month in phuket doing muay thai, and a gallon of back entries to write about our travels. fortunately, phuket should allow me some more down time to write, since actual travelling is not particularly conducive to that.

khao san road is the kind of place that is kind of overwhelming and fascinating the first time you see it, and after that is just a pain. it offers little real interaction between people, since travellers are there to buy souveniers and get drunk, and locals are there to get as much money from travellers as they can. as chock-full of people as it is, it is a lonely place for the solo traveller.

luckily, i have managed to run into EIGHT people i know here. this world is sometimes VERY small. the first three i ran into, while greg was still here, were from phuket. two of them, amanda and alex, i trained with at muay thai camp. the third was a guy who lived with us in the youth hostel. then, when greg was gone, i ran into jared from korea. we had run into him in koh phangan as well (just as randomly) and it was ridiculously awesome to see him again. then, i ran into the irish guys greg and i met on the bus ride from hanoi to vientiane, and saw again in vang vieng. bangkok is such a mecca for all people travelling.

i tried to leave for phuket 2 days ago, but all busses have been booked because of the full moon party in koh phangan, so i finally leave this afternoon. i could probably have found another way to get there, but i also re-pulled my neck muscle and i won't be able to train anyways for a few days.

my next entry will be from back in PHUKET!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb