20 Million + 2


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 4th 2005
Published: December 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

jeffjeffjeff

a nicely textured wall and jeff
20 million people in Bangkok + the two of us. Ridiculous right?


I just wrote this whole entry and then when I went to save it, my time online had run out and I lost the whole thing so I'm going to try to remember some of what I wrote but I want to punch the computer in the face/monitor. I just spent an hour on the entry and it's gone...


Deep breath...Jeff and I are in Bangkok! It's winter here and it's in the 90s. I can't begin to imagine what summertime is like. The past two days have been busy, we've been doing really well considering the jetlag and the fact that Jeff flew from Antarctica-->New Zealand and I flew from SF, so our time differences to begin with were crazy (20 hrs) and then they merged here in Thailand (we're 15 hours ahead of pacific time) and somehow we are functioning relatively ok given the circumstances.


Chinatown was like every chinatown, not to say it wasn't amazing and great, but it was junk galore with stands for as far as the eye can see, we wound up on blocks that were ALL
valvesvalvesvalves

valves in chinatown.
shoes and blocks that were ALL plastic fantastic jewelry. We walked and wandered an dgot lost and found our way, sweating the whole day through.


That night we went to dinner with Thanesvorn, Jeff and Tony's distributor for their pollution measuring instruments (the real reason we came to Thailand). Thanesvorn took us to this fantastic restaurant where all the furniture was antique and it was a really great locals type of mom n pop restaurant. There was old wooden carved pieces all around and images of past kings lining the ceiling and several beautiful antique chandeliers lighting the tiny restaurant. Thanesvorn ordered for us. It was delicious. There was a lot of fish and seafood. It was the sauces. The sauces are soooo good. Jeff and I are going to take a cooking class when we get to Chiang Mai, so if all goes as planned we will be cooking a big thai feast when we get home for whoever will come and eat it. Mmmm.


Jeff is on the market for some converse while we're here so that's become a really interesting mission. In chinatown we saw lots of knock off converse, which I love.
mememe

ices. cool and refreshing.
They are converse but then they say the wrong thing on the side where they should say Converse All Stars, they say "the vans company' or 'sing hai.' and then we wound up at a mall yesterday and were looking at the converse and there were some with cartoon images of the statue of liberty and osama hugging with the words 'peace and love, he loves her and she loves him' or something like that. sO STRange right? have you seen those in the US? I mean, aren't convverse supposedly made in the USA? Really odd.


here are a couple of favorite images from the past couple of days. Hope you enjoy.


~alana

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb