Tuk tuks, wats, buddhas, hospitals and hello kitty in Phuket and Bangkok


Advertisement
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We came to Phuket via boat from Phi Phi Island (1 and a half hour journey). Arriving here our luggage broke (go Asian ‘streets’) and the coach driver dropped us at a five star resort…guessing he heard wrong! We decided to stay at Kata Beach, which is probably the nicest beach in Phuket and not as touristy and busy as Patong Beach. The beaches are more like home, and even had surf for two day... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Big Buddha lookoutBig Buddha lookout
Big Buddha lookout

The left guy was using a camcorder!



7th July 2008

Asia
Just as well clothing is cheap in Thailand so you can replace the "fat pants' with skinny ones. More wonderful photos and some great experiences. Some stories here for my TRTM classes who enjoy the installments. They loved the ladyboys sign of the last blog and will love the boy peeing story.
7th July 2008

Thai Highs - and lows
Oh well done both of you, true kiwi resilience apparent here!! You've managed to make the most of your Thai experience by the sound of this, good to see you reaching such heights (even if it is with the help of your friendly elephant) after such a low patch. Enjoy your last week in Asia, Europe not far off now. Love Ngaire.
8th July 2008

Hi
Lindon was quite taken aback with the difference between Matt in his first Australia photo and in the ones from this blog. Maybe you should sell your E-Coli secret to Jenny Craig!! Looks like great experiences - I love the elephant riding. Have a good time in Cambodia :)
9th July 2008

Cambodian recommendations
Hey guys! Funny to hear you had similar experiences to Jaz and i in Thailand - ladyboys etc. In cambodia check out Aki Ra's landmine museum - the silk factory, eat a silk worm (actually do taste like chicken) A puppet show - Angkor Wat and surrounding temples. We stayed at the Jasmine Guesthouse, nice place to kip! (its in the lonely planet. Thats all in Siem Riep. Phnom Peng i can only recommend not to stay at No9. Guesthouse - too many dudes smoking weed (and not from the lake type). Cant wait to hear your stories about it!
10th July 2008

Cambodia
Hey! Thanks for tips Mark. We were only going to stay 3 days in Cambodia but are extending to 6 or so cos we are loving it. Yeah i see in lonely planet they recommended jasmine guesthouse (but guess you stayed there for the name!). we are in one down a side street near old market. its great! don't know if we can make phnom penh, but hopefully! thanks for ideas, sounds fun!

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 83; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb