Arrive in BANGKOK


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 10th 2005
Published: December 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Right this is gunna be brief guys cos i've already sent emails to every1 about my trip to Bangkok so in order to catch up im just gunna list the key events from the first 2 nights of my travels.

- Arrive in Bangkok excited and ready for fun, get pissed down the Ko shan road, meet some weird people and kids who wont leave you alone, trying to get you to play thumb war in order to sell their cheap tack. Drunk some cheap beer about 50 baht for a small can which is about 30p, awesome, went to some night club, which closed about 1ish which is rubbish so we went to Macdonalds to get big mac thai style. Got a ride in a took-took was Mental, guy was doing wheelies down the street and drag racing with other took-tooks was best ever taxi ride, although we thought we were gunna die!!!!!!! Carried on partying until early hours in our hotel.

- Next day hit the temple tours, saw a ton of buddhas, and monks, were cool to see. Luke threw up from last nights weird cocktail concoction that he bought from dodgy stall not the best place to throw up in the middle of the holy temple grounds.

- Went on a boat ride on the main river in bangkok what ever that is called can't remember, was knackered and every1 started to fall asleep even though it was interesting an all. Started to rain, which sucked.

- Went out to a traditional thai restaurant and had traditional thai food which was awesome, although i think i was the only one out of our group to eat all there dinner. That was followed by traditional thai dancing which basically a load of people dressed funny and stamping their feet a lot.

- then we hit pa pong, with the late night street market and the naughy naughty shows as they are referred to over there. So we thought we'd see what all the fuss was about and saw a naughty naughty ping pong show. Was very educational, the club was really seedy, and they dont do just tricks with ping pong balls, there is opeing up bottles, shooting darts and blowing out candles, ouch.

- then on way back from town we came across a stall selling insects so we managed to blag a locust each and the guy sprays it with soy sauce for you and we ate it, oh yeah, crunchy stuff, not too bad, but got a leg stuck in my teeth, nice. carried on partying till the early hours

- next day was the palace tours, was totally knackered. Palace was average, went back packed ready for our flight to Sydney Australia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb