back in bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
June 2nd 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

so i took the bus from phuket to bangkok last night and arrived this morning. i was surprised because i actually arrived in the MORNING. the bus was scheduled to take 12 hours and it really honestly took almost exactly 12 hours. as opposed to the bus i took the same path but opposite direction a month ago that took 21 hours. must be the headwind or something on the bus. some kind of tourist head wind that causes all tourist busses to leave late, stop frequently, and take longer roads.

i realize that one of the things i really enjoy about travelling are all those in-between times. not the times where you say "hey, here we are at this famous temple/ruins/buddha/market/beach." but the times in between, like when you can't find a motorbike taxi and you just walk and end up taking a detour, or you go to a place that is rather unremarkable, but you find a sense of peace there, or you pass the same old lady every day and you smile and wave at each other.

i am resisting the urge to get all reflective here, since i am sitting in the same internet cafe that i was in a month ago, about to do muay thai for a month. and now i am about to travel around SE asia for a month and a half, and perhaps after that i'll be back here and sit here at this same computer and look back on what i am looking forward to now.

next stop in "the plan" is cambodia, probably leaving for there wednesday. still figuring exactly where to catch the bus (go international bus travel!) but it is sure to be an adventure!

Advertisement



2nd June 2008

Honestly.
You are like the coolest person alive.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.2kb