Big Splash in Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 29th 2008
Published: April 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I know it has been over two weeks since i left OZ, and yes i know that i had promised to be more prompt with the blogs this time but.....hey, why break the habit of a lifetime!

So, we left Melbourne (Claire and Myself that is, by the way she is the new girlfriend) in a bit of a Haze, finishing work on a Friday with a monster session and then flying out to Bangkok on a Sunday morning, sweet timing right? Well you would think so, until you arrive in Bangkok, 9 hours after leaving Melbourne.....we arrived at the Kho San Road, well nearly, the road itslef was closed off and the driver pulled up on the far side of a dual carridgeway.....hmmm, why did he do this we found ourselves asking....?

Well we didnt have to wait too long for an answer....taking our lives into our own jet lagged hands we dodged one car after another whilst hurdling the odd tuk-tuk and made it to the other side, a little weaker at the knees...once there we were greeted by what can only be described as the worlds biggest water/mud fight..The Songkran Festival or Thai new year or what ever you want to call it was in full swing.....in excess of 20,000 people with Super Soaker water pistols, buckets full of water and hands full of clay...great fun....Did i mention that we had no accom. booked, no idea what direction our "chosen" guest house was in and that we had full back packs on and small packs on our front...WELCOME TO ASIA!

About 30 mins later, soaked and covered in mudd, having battled our way through the scrum outside we finally got to/swam into the D&D in.......

Anyway, as you can imagine i have a hell of alot more to write, amongst them travelling to Phnom Penh Cambodia - an experience at immigration, Siem Reap and The 10th Century Angkor Wat temples, and a ferry across the Mekong Delta into Vietnam and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) along with a visit to the claustrophobic Cu Chi Viet Cong tunnells...but that is all for another time when i have the energy to write this thing with some kind of wit!

Any until next time bloggers...

You stay Classy San Diego

Al

Oh yeah, we do have about 200 pics but the t-internet here is PIG SLOW.....and honestly i cant be arsed...by the way Dad when you read this tell Derek he has a Vietnamese Communist flag to hang off his shed ...that should suit him down to the ground!

Advertisement



29th April 2008

About time....
you wrote something, was beginning to think you had disappeared! Be careful what you eat out there :-)
29th April 2008

Good God man..
You've been travelling since I was in short pants (ok, so that was only last year but I find them sexy).

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0215s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb