A day at the beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 5th 2005
Published: November 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Sunday we took a quick trip to the beach. We drove southeast about 180 km from Bangkok. The trip was via expressway so traffic going there was fairly light.


Rayong is also where the ferrys for Koh Samet start. This was a rather spur of the moment trip so we didn't have time to go to Koh Samet. We plan to go there pretty soon though. To get there requires a ferry ride of about 40 minutes or 10 minutes via speedboat.


We stopped for a bite to eat along the main beaches in Rayong Town, Laem Charoen and Saeng Chan Beaches. Honestly, we were underwhelmed by them and the place was just dead. There seemed to be a lot of nightlife in the area and it was only 1 in the afternoon on Sunday, so perhaps people were just recovering from the night before.

After lunch we drove a few km east along the shore and found a much better beach. The water was pretty clear and very warm. A local entrepenuer had set up tables and umbrellas, so we enjoyed a snack of grilled shimp while the boys frolicked in the water.

These are some VERY happy boys. The water was very shallow so Carson was able to really keep up with Jeffrey.




Cheers!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



10th November 2005

Wow that is Beautiful!
I love the picture of the boys playing in the water, I bet they were having so much fun!!! I love when you post pictures of things that you guys do there!!!

Tot: 0.237s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.09s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb