Bangkok Part II


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ahhh - back to Bangkok but sadly back to more toilets in the floor :o(. Apologies to you all in advance if I forget my manners on my return and start trying to stand and squat on your toilets!!!! Filth!

We arrived in Khao San Road at about 4pm and found a cheap guest house quite quickly with a scary lady boy on reception. We then went on a shopping spree - woo hoo!!!! I bought a dress and some flip flops and a skirt and Deaks bought a few things too. I am getting good at this bartering lark! We then RAN to McDonalds - I have never craved fat so much in all my life!!!

The next day we went on a trip which involved a morning stop at a floating market - I don't know how they make any money, every shop sells the same thing but they carry on begging with such enthusiasm. We then went to see the Bridge over the River Kwai and then finally we went to the tiger temple! The tour guide waited until this point (6 hours after we left in the morning) to tell most of us that what we were wearing wasn't suitable as it would offend the monks so we had to buy scummy t-shirts and then when we arrived at the temple we were put in these big, baggy black trousers that you could have fit 3 of me in!!! It was so hot - I'm not designed to walk around all day in this heat - I need a swimming pool and a cocktail! The tigers were great and I had lots of photos taken with them and then we went to see the little cubs which were gorgeous!

On the way back there was a thunder storm which was quite cool when you're safely in the bus!

We arrived back in Khao San Road at 7pm and had an hour to grab something to eat before we headed on a nightbus down to the south to get to the islands. First stop will be Koh Phangan. We are sooooooo looking forward to relaxing for a couple of weeks. We have fit so much in in the last 3 weeks and all the travelling has been exhausting but wouldn't have done it any other way as you see so much driving through all of the little towns in these countries that you would miss by plane.

Cocktails and beaches here I come :o)

xxxxxxxx



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



23rd March 2008

WOW!
Soooo fascinating to read ur updates...Im learning lots just from reading them, let alone what ur actually there seeing!!! Looks like ur having a good time...speak soon!! xx
26th March 2008

Aaahhhhh
Hey Lise, love reading about all your adventures. The pics with the tigers are amazing. So cute and fluffy (when they're young), he he. Looks like you're having an amazing time...keep the updates coming!! Miss you xxxx
2nd April 2008

Lisa - sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Reading your entries doesn't half make me jealous. You'll have a fab time in the Islands - the beaches are amazing. All fine here with nothing to report.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb