Our last day - Booo!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 9th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Us and SuperwomanUs and SuperwomanUs and Superwoman

Behind the desk at the wonderfull New Siam II
Oh no, our last day!

We kept our room on till 6pm for a bargain price of £1.50 and then bought a ticket to use the pool at their sister hotel, New Siam I.
Whilst waiting for superwomen to finish her millionth task, I dared to ask if she would let us have a picture with her - and suprised to find that I think we made her day! So many people shout at her and treat her llike rubbish that when we said we thought she was superwoman it really perked her up - the next few customers received the smile treatment from her anyway!

Then it was off to the pool for a last few hours of sun, although that's pretty difficult to get in Bangkok with it's high rise buildings!

At 5.30pm it was back to the room to shower, change and check out (we had a massive throwing out spree in the morning of all our old clothes - the bags are almost empty now!).

We went for a last wonder down Kho San for our last Thai meal and Chang Beer, then at 8pm our taxi collected us to take us to
Bye Bye Kho SanBye Bye Kho SanBye Bye Kho San

We'll miss you and your busy ways!
the airport - booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Our flight was only at 12.30am but we wanted to get there early so we could try and have 2 aisle seats. However at check-in we are told that our plane is 3 hours delayed and through asking about our connecting flight from Manchester to London (which they had already re-booked for us - very impressed with Quantas here!) we completely forgot to ask about our seats!

We go through emmigration and have to pay 1000 baht fine for overstaying for 2 days, we always knew we would be paying something but this is well cheaper than what we would have had to pay for a visa and we also got a naughty stamp in our passport - another souvenir - we like being original!

After getting the free meal that none of us ate and wondering around aimlessly, we could finally board our plane at 3.20am.

Next time we land we'll be in Blighty - was looking forward to going home but now I want to cry!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb