Bangkok - Chaing Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 13th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our last morning in Bangkok before heading up north to Chiang Mai so one last chance for a quick look around and get a few bits and pieces for the trip. We decided to head back to MBK but this morning instead of walking we took the Skyrail and what a difference it makes to travelling around the city. It is extrememly clean fast and efficient and not to mention airconditioned. A trip thast took about 45 minutes was completed in under 10. Without doubt the way to travel around the city.

Last minute shopping completed it is time to head back to La Residence and check out. Luckily for us they are able to store our luggage for us as it is only 12.00 and our train does not depart till 19.35 this evening. With nothing else to do for the next few hours we head out and have a bite to eat for lunch. After lunch we browsed through Jim Thompsons but didn't buy anything as we could very quickly have blown our entire budget in under five mintes

18.00 and it is time to get our luggage and head to the station for our overnight train up to Chiang Mai. We arrived at the station and were greeted with a typically chaotic Bangkok with hundreds of people rushing everywhere. Before we know it it is time to board the train find our seats and settle in for the 14 hour trip.

Right on time the train pulled out of the station and we were on the way. With nothing else to do we settle down with a bottle of Singha each and watch what we can of the city go past. About 2 hours into the trip the carriage attendant starts to make the bunks ready for sleeping. While he is doing this we head to the dining carriage and have a few more beers. All in all a pleasent way to travel indeed.

It is getting late so time for us to head back to the carriage and go to bed.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0207s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb