Bye Bye NZ, Get Ready Bangkok!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 7th 2008
Published: February 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bye bye NZ!Bye bye NZ!Bye bye NZ!

Our last view from the plane
After packing up and checking out of the hostel, we head to the post office to box up and send our excess baggage home.

Feeling alot lighter (well 3 1/2 kilo's to be exact) we have some brunch at Subway then take the airport shuttle from the town, taking in the last sights before we leave!

We check in, pay our departure tax (how rude, making you pay for something you don't want to do!) and then a quick nosey around the shops before boarding the plane.

As we take off, me and Di decide to take a last picture of NZ through the plane window and an Asian couple who were sitting across from us saw this, got their big supersonic professional camera out and started doing the same! We couldn't stop peeing ourselves as we were joking around with our camera but they were trying to look all professional. We can't help it if we're trend setters . . . . (maybe not).

After a stop over in Sydney and a total of 9 hours travelling we finally arrive in Bangkok.

You could feel the heat already and the airport was heaving, so busy!

We managed to get a taxi to Asha Guesthouse and checked into our first Thai room. We got air con but had shared bathrooms,it was basic but very clean - bargain for 2.50 (pound) a night!

We finally hit the sack at 1.30am, nervous but very excited about what Thailand has in store.

Can't believe we're here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb