"A Whole New World"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 13th 2005
Published: October 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tioman WaterfallTioman WaterfallTioman Waterfall

The best way to shower in Malaysia
Story folks,
Well what can i say about our first week ands a half, only that theres "a whole new world" out there (for us & many others)!!! We arrived in Singapore last week and i have to say i've never seen a cleaner city in my life. Its unbelievable, the underground is so clean (Im afraid you'd be redundant in Singapore Cepta...they wouldnt need your hoover here). Having said all that we had a bit of an experience on our first night.....Leanne booked us into a hotel in the red light district so we were among some of the 'oldest professionals' for a night....Its always good to experience different cultures!!! We moved to a nice place then for the second night and were staying with a nice chinese fella called sandy who loves an auld be on the football.......After a few days around Singapore sussing out the best electronic deals, we headed for Tioman Island in Malaysia (about 3 hours by bus and an hour by boat from Singapore)

Now we're talkin 'Lost' here.....fantabulous scenery, deserted sandy white beaches backed by rows of Palm trees......... and the weather to match!!! We took a well earned break lazing around on
Ronan & DonkeyRonan & DonkeyRonan & Donkey

Donkey gets his first run out in Malaysia
the beach there but also managed to do a bit of snorkelling......Now we're talking 'Finding Nemo' beneath the surface....The fish are mad colours, shapes and sizes. Its amazing to see them in their natural environment!!! On one of the days on Tioman, we went for a bit of an auld jungle terk in search of monkey which were to be found at Monkey Bay...We saw a few monkeys along the way alright on what was a fairly tough trek (not helped by Leanne wearing flip flops) but when we got to Monkey Bay, the beach stole the show.....like something out of a bounty ad is the best way to describe it!!!! Went on a round the island boat trip another day and went snorkelling in different places and found an amazing waterfall in the middle of the jungle...Had a dip there and came the closest i've ever come to breaking my leg when i slipped on a rock.....could've been home just as quick as id gone.

After Tioman, we went back to Singapore last night and flew to Bangkok today. All i can say is 'Holy Jaysus'......The place is full of bargain deals!!! Anyone who is thinking of coming
Lazy days!!Lazy days!!Lazy days!!

This ones for you Cepta!!
here for a few days enroute elsewhere - Just bring an empty bag and a toothbrush........actually forget the bag, just bring yourself and a toothbrush cos your seriously going to fill a ruck sack here.....a dirt cheap ruck sack at that!!!!! Ridiculous!!! Didnt know what to expect from Bangkok, but so far so good. We're stayting on Khao san road which is basically the backpacker street.....Niamh R - You'll be very impressed with me, im a convert to the food over here....Pot noodles arent noodles at all.....The stalls along the street serve the nicest freshest food you'll taste and a half a pineapple for dessert to cap it off only costs 20 cent.... Again, its not right!!!!

Well thats all for now folks. You can paste messages on our blogger page or you can send us an auld email at ronankelly7@yahoo.com.

Be Good and if you cant be good, be careful!!!

Ro & Leanne



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Monkey BayMonkey Bay
Monkey Bay

Anyone seen 'Lost'!!


16th October 2005

football just isn't the same
Were all stuck here in the wind and the rain so theirs no need for pic's of all that sun. Ball is not the same without the fashion and style editor. the kids (ken and keano) are doin great!! That ill do donkey!! BE GOOD CHRONICLE STAFF.

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb