Bangkok Airport!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 31st 2007
Published: December 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our first day in Thailand and, having successfully found Bangkok, we were pretty pleased with ourselves (to be fair, the plane did the bulk of the work...)

Shuttlebus, minibus and taxi later we had found our way to Khao San road - lined with market stalls selling tshirts, food and things that made squeaky noises...
Despite the chaos, we found the Sawasdee Bunglamphoo Inn relatively easily (after ducking through a few tshirt stalls and knocking things over with our HUGE rucksacks!) and debated whether 7 was too early to go to bed. Eventually we decided it was unacceptable and went to explore the stalls for a while. Jet lag overcame us though, and when neither of us could walk straight any more, we called it a day and shuffled back to our hotel, trying to avoid the people 'subtly' relieving themselves on the street corners...

An early start this morning means that we found the airport in good time, so we've got an hour or two to take advantage of the free drinks and snacks. Including a strage purple confection which we were told is potato, (i think it's yam!) looks weird but tastes pretty good.

Not long now before we get on the plane to Phuket. My excuse for the short entry is that we haven't actually done much yet...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb