Arrived safe and sound


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 17th 2007
Published: December 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone,

We made it safe and sound. 3 hours to Van, 10 hours to Toyko and 7 hours to Bangkok. The flghts were long and we were anxious to get here, luckily we had open bar the whole way to comfort us. Our last leg was on ANA airwarys - complimentary toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash and face towelletes - hey Air Canada take note! Did I mention the Hagen Daz ice cream that was served? Tokyo airport have toilets complete with a remote where you can create water music with adjusting levels of volume, crazy!

Poor Mike didn't sleep on any of the flights but once we arrived to our guesthouse we had a few beers and hit the sack and all slept well. Everything is so cheap, a 2 litre of water is .40 cents, our 1 hour taxi was $15, we will be livining the high life!

Today we will head out and get some last minute items before we head south to Koh Phangan tomorrow am.

No pictures yet - but coming soon.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



17th December 2007

Nice, real nice
Free booze and toothpaste: a recipe for a good flight. I just love flying different airlines. You quickly realize Air Canada is not far ahead or Air Zimbabwe! Can't wait to see pictures.
17th December 2007

Wow
Megan wow, sounds fun .... I shoveled my driveway this weekend .....
17th December 2007

Have a Singa for me!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound to your guesthouse and that everyone slept well your first night. That flight is a killer! It's a good thing you're there for a month b/c otherwise it would be much too hard to get back on the plane to come home with the memories of the flight there still too recent. You got out just in time. Major weather system hit Saturday night and continued into Sunday until mid afternoon. Have a Singa beer for me while you're there!
23rd January 2008

omg - flying on that airline sounds like vacation enough for me!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb