Thailand - Day 1


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
September 14th 2006
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So this is the beginning of our Thailand adventure - things have not started off as smoothly. To begin with getting three people to agree on an itinerary is near impossible, especially when all three want to do different things. We must have redone the itinerary several times before everyone was happy with it. That sorted we booked our tickets for the 13th September. The day before we were due to fly out, we realized that the "Returning Resident Visas" in our passports had expired!!! So we went to immigrations to try and sort that out, luckily it was sorted then and there. Aaron drove us to the airport, here we find out that we cannot fly out today as we have no Australian Visas for the one hour transit we have in Sydney!!! We are told that if we manage to get them before our flight we can still make it. So off we go at lightning speed to the Australian embassy only to find out that it closes at lunch time on a Wednesday. This is an expected twist and one that we had not anticipated so the rest of the day was spent moving our booking to the 14th, the itinerary that to be changed. The next morning we managed to get the required visas and were back at the airport!

Yes!!!! We are on the plane heading for Bangkok via Sydney. We have no accomodation booked for the first night now and we we are arriving at 1am in the morning. The flight is alright and we arrive safely and without further incident in Bangkok. Spent an hour trying to find a accomodation as most places are already fully booked.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0719s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb