Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
October 19th 2007
Published: October 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

bangkokbangkokbangkok

The last remaining community making 'Monks bowls'
Arrived in bangkok a few days ago and seem to have walked the distance round the world in that time! it's nice enough, some interesting temples although not quite exciting enough to go in (sure cambodia will top that!) and some cheap stuff to be had.

I guess most people will have been here and recognise the sights, smells and sounds from a few words; blue thick smoke chuging out of the back of tuk-tuks (think reliant robin without doors), sewage waffting over as you enjoy your food, the cry of "where you go? "where you from?(...be ready for those scammers...), "ping-pong?" (enough said!).

It's nice enough,although I'll be pleased to get into the countryside again. We are probably leaving on sun/mon and have decided to use our thailand visa for 1 month before we leave to cambodia.

The rest of KL passed withoue huge incident - the trip to the forestry was a complete 4hour torential wash-out and the waterpark was tame in relation to majorca standards!!

Enjoy the photos and lets hope England win tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

More bowl action!
BangkokBangkok
Bangkok

A cute old lady at the temple!


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb