ENTRY 54 — Amazing Thailand


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
April 15th 2008
Saved: September 6th 2022
Edit Blog Post

ENTRY 54 — April 15th 2008 AMAZING THAILAND I love Thailand: it is a great privilege to be allowed to live and teach in this country. The climate is warm, scenery gorgeous, and temples beautiful. It has a long and interesting history. The people are friendly, always polite and have a great sense of humor. It is truly one of my favorite places. Yet the culture is totally different from ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

People of Soi Kasemsan 2, Rama 1 Road, BangkokPeople of Soi Kasemsan 2, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok
People of Soi Kasemsan 2, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok

Bryan & Miranda at Jim Thompson House one street over.
Jim Thompson HouseJim Thompson House
Jim Thompson House

Bryan by the canal near our soi, with Jim Thompson House in the far background.
Bangkok SkylineBangkok Skyline
Bangkok Skyline

A view of Bangkok from the roof of the Asia Hotel. (Note the blue sky: pollution is much better than in the old days.)
Sarasas Ektra Bilingual SchoolSarasas Ektra Bilingual School
Sarasas Ektra Bilingual School

Miranda on her way to work.
Sarasas Ektra Bilingual SchoolSarasas Ektra Bilingual School
Sarasas Ektra Bilingual School

Miranda with Mr. Phil.
Sarasas Ektra, Bangkok, ThailandSarasas Ektra, Bangkok, Thailand
Sarasas Ektra, Bangkok, Thailand

Miranda and Miss Merci at their desk
LunchLunch
Lunch

Sarasas Ektra, Bangkok, Thailand
Art CenterArt Center
Art Center

Down the street from Wendy House was a small park. Now it is an new art center, See Map # 8
Art CenterArt Center
Art Center

*Distortion: Travelblog photos are best viewed with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
The Lit Bangkok Hotel (Map # 5)*Distortion: Travelblog photos are best viewed with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.The Lit Bangkok Hotel (Map # 5)*Distortion: Travelblog photos are best viewed with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
The Lit Bangkok Hotel (Map # 5)*Distortion: Travelblog photos are best viewed with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

Beside Wendy House was an old curtain hotel. Now it has been replace by the new Lit Bangkok Hotel. This photo is from where the Slab restaurant used to be. (See map #4)
People of Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road, BangkokPeople of Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok
People of Soi Kasemsan 1, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok

Successful beggar. *Distortion: Travelblog photos are best viewed with Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.



Comments only available on published blogs

4th October 2007

Good King
It's really bad thing in Thailand now we can't live peaceful like before.I hope people will protect their country and do good thing for our King.Even though Foreingner love Thailand why Thai people not love each other!!
4th October 2007

Thai violence
The danger from terrorist is caused by political problem and that cause is affect to Thai Economy. Many foreigner investors will not be confidence to invest in Thai. As a result Thailand will lose income and unemployment problem that is big problems that happens in Thai Economy.
4th October 2007

Bombing Effect on Business
World today is globalization, all around the world know what did happen. Nobody (Ex. foreigners, investors) want to live, invest or travel without stability and safe. So, what have been happened to Thailand is absolutely effect badly on business.
4th October 2007

Bombing Effect on Business
I think bombing is not only effect badly on country's stability but also on business. If I'm an investor, I won't choose to let my money flow into this unsafe country or if I'm a foreigner considering where to visit, the place I'll cut off first is also unsafe one.
4th October 2007

I'm worry about that.
Goodday, I just heard this news four days ago.I'm very panic and worry about my life in Bangkok. I concern about the bomb because it's the bad thing in Thailand.I think this event could decrease confidence of Investors and Foriegners. Moreover the public was panic and unhappy to live in Bangkok.
4th October 2007

Just so you know.
Personally, I don’t want to die and maybe Thai people don’t want to, but this is the land of birth. I don’t want to stay anywhere outside Thailand. I don’t know who the culprit of this valiance is but he will receive what he has done as soon as possible. And the behalf of Thai people I would like to tell the foreigners who live in Thailand and who are planning to visit Thailand. Please think about this carefully. Thai people don’t go anywhere because this is our homes. We don’t mind if you want to go but if you come to visit us you will receive the warmth welcome the same as you have ever received for along time when you come to our homes.
4th October 2007

Good King
I think the event is bond in Thailand it 's danger for thai people and foreigners . It can impact Thai Economic and the lifesty of everyone . therefor we could protect the event by do good think for our King and good sample to children.
4th October 2007

Bad on Business
I think bommbing is effect for business because Investors form foreigner not comfident to status of thailand not stable which event effect badly thai Economic and bad government. therefor we sould protect bad event by be do good think for our King.
4th October 2007

A recession of the Thai economy.
Most of Thailand's income comes from the tourism industry. Each year there are a lot of foreign travelers that travel to many parts of Thailand. The Thai economy benefits from this foreign money. Therefore,this factor drives Thailand's economic growth. Political problem has led to bombings,this has scared tourist. Foreign tourists are now afraid of Thailand because of its lack of safety. This may cause them to leave and find other countries that are safier than Thailand. Thus,income from the tourism industry will decrease and we will see the recession of the Thai economy.
4th October 2007

Affect Thai business
I like that , "Good King, Good people, Bad government!", government always cause some problems. I think the bomb have some effects to Thai economics, for example, many tourist will avoid to go near the place that have been bombed. That will affect to the shop around there, then affect wider. If the investor don't trust for Thai political, then they won't want to invest in Thailand because it's a chance that their business can be affected.
4th October 2007

Bombs at army HQ
I concern about the bombs that happened at military headqaurter in Thailand. I think this situation has negative effect to business in Thailand. It indicates that our politic is not quite stable thus,influence investors' confidence in a bad way.In addition,Thai economy may lose income from tourism because the tourists are afraid to visit to Thailand.
4th October 2007

from my mind
I think bombing is effect on Thai economic. Foreign investor's confidence will decline because the foreign investors think that Thailand is not safe enough and it’s not worthy to invest. So they will decide to invest in another country. And it also has a negative impact on the tourism industry. The revenue from tourism industry will decrease because the foreign tourist is not sure about the situation in Thailand.
5th October 2007

effect to Thai business
I think that bombing in Thailand effect to Thai economy for sure. More bombing, more chance to fail in economy. Foreign investors will not believe in stable of Thai economy and feel not safe to be in Thailand, so they will not invest in Thailand. This make Thai economy will not grow as much as it could be. Bombing has not only effect to Thai business but also traveling in Thailand. Foreigners will not travel in Thailand anymore because it's not safe to travel happily. From these reasons I think bombing effect to Thai business. So I think Thai government should be improved as fast as it can be possible.
5th October 2007

Bombing Effect on Business
In my opinion, this critical situation affects Thai's economy so much in to dimention.First of all,country's stability which can't be predictable about business direction involves of foreign investor's decision making in negative way. And the domastic investments probably decrease slicely inculding unemployment problem would happen for a while. So if you want to solve these problem, you should convinc every international and domestic investors about the economic condition which is better by many methods such as promote a safety policy,campaign thai people attempt to look after their own territory and share the love to each other.
6th October 2007

Effect of violence to Thai business
Good morning Aj.Bryan! In my point of view, I don't think that the bomb would effect the Thailand business. Of course every government must have someone that do not like them so this may happen anywhere. The real problem is government themselves if they were strong and had potential enough, Foreigner would have confidence.
6th October 2007

T_T
so bad
6th October 2007

so long~
I disagree with blaming the government cause I think they did the best way as possible as they can eventhough it useless but if they killed the terrorist, it'd make Thailand looks savage. So they had to deal with the conciliatory way. I know it's hard and take time but I hope it'll be end soon cause now, Thailand has been suffered for so long.
6th October 2007

Impact of The Military Dictatorship
In my opinion, this situation brings about negative and positive side. For negative side, it impacts Thai's economy downward due to dread in investment of investor and the important thing is it makes Thai people conflict each other. For positive side, it's a good lesson for us because it teaches us to know that how many coups there are in Thailand, they never make a good thing happen to our country.
6th October 2007

Violence effect on business
In my point of view, this violent circumstance highly effects our economic conditions. Because of this violence, people feel worry about a political problem which can cause any kinds of wars. They will more focus on spending their money and prefer keeping them for only necessary purposes. Investors also do not want to take any risks, then the liquidity in our economic will be less. In addition, Thailand will not be the destination for tourists or visitors from other countries. It is the main factor for the reduction of our revenue source.
6th October 2007

Thailand is still a good because our king
In my opinion,violence absolutely affects Thai's economiy especially in tourism sector. This factor causes the number of foreigners visitting Thailand to decline. Thailand's income will be decreased. Therefore,it definitely affects overall Thai economy. About investing sector, if the election can be taken place as soon as possible,the more investor's confidence will come up correspondingly. Finally,I think Thailand is still a good place for living because we have good King.^^
6th October 2007

Effect of bomb on Thailand business
Many Thai people are afraid of the bombs so they avoid going out of their home for shopping ,entertaining or hanging out with their friends.Not only Thai people but also foreigners who afraid of the bombs.So they decide to go to other country instead of Thailand.I think these are the causes of recession of economy.Moreover, there are the political crisis and disunity of Thai people that make Thailand has negative reputation in other country's view.So we should follow "Sufficiency Economy philosophy" helping us to solve occuring problem.This philosophy can adapt to any situations.
6th October 2007

Great king . . Great father!
In think this is the worst thing in Thailand since I was born. Thailand is known as the land of warm happiness and peaceful. But this situation is going to change Thailand to the opposite side. And no wonder if the foreigner will hesitate to visit to Thailand or make a business transactions in Thailand. And for sure that it will effect our economic too. But this is not the point for me anymore, I concern more about the victims of that bombs, who lost their life or their families. For me Thai people is like my family. So it’s really bad for me to saw the another Thai people suffer and I can’t do anything to make it’s better anymore. I don’t want to blame anyone for this (except that devil terrorists) because I think no one want this to happen. And I understand if some foreigners are consider to leave Thailand, if I were you I may think like that too. But I want to tell you something, I still believe that not all of us are bad or dangerous most of us still have a kind heart that’s always ready to give to all of you. And it’s because we have a great king. Like a great father who has a lot of child, his child will really love him and really want to be a good people to make their farther to be proud and happy. WE LOVE THE KING!
7th October 2007

the effect of Bombing
I think that is a bad thing for Thailand because bombing effect badly on thai economy for example foreign investor think that it is not safe to invest in Thailand and the traveller or tourist think it is not safe to travel in Thailand that it cause the growth of this country is down. then the next reason I think it is not good for my King because my king want everybody get together. so the goernment should improve now
7th October 2007

Bombing.
That new make me feel unsafty because the place that was bombed is a very important place in our country it point that the national security in Thailand is not strict.If it done like this I think our travel business will lost a lot of profit because the tourist feel unsafty.And soon after that it will affect more than the travel business.I wish that bomb will not happend again,we lost alot of soldiers that protect their country that make his family lost the leader, I want my place be peaceful again.
7th October 2007

Don't worry about the BOMBs.Thailand are not in war.
I think the bombs don't have any effect on economic and some tourist sector. I can explain it from set index. the day that bombs taked place set droped a little and foriegner investors still were net buy. It show that investor are hardly concerned about the bombs and they have good attitute on thai economic from other factors such as financial statement of each firms, interest, forex, fundamental economic and the next potential government. But if bombs occur very often like the south of thailand, I think it's good to start concerned about it.
7th October 2007

"Good King, Good people, OK government!"
In my opinion, the caused of the bombing actions and the terroist attacks may caused the foreign investors to have a hard time making decisions to invest in Thailand. However, I do believed that the current set of government is not a bad team. I think the caused of the unplesant actions today are the causes related from the previous prime minister, which mainly comes from a group of people who supported him. This splits Thai citizens into 2 groups and caused them to not compromise. This makes foreigners to feel unstable and unsecure toward Thai economics.
8th October 2007

Dejavu
Goodday Mr.Bryan, I felt very sorry about this news and I think Thailand isn't safeplace to live happily like before.Things go downhill rapidly and nothing seems to get better. We live pass through this bad time for 4-5 years and anything don't change like we all hope. Military government doesn't prove that they're better than Mercantile government leads by Mr.Thaksin. Nowadays, Thailand lack of thrust from global and lack of stability by itself. Things that used to happen before and it happens again called "Dejavu" . Hope that god will mercy on us and things will get better soon.
8th October 2007

stop violence!
Good day Arjarn Bryan!! Personally, I agree with you that Thailand getting more violence and political turmoil but it was begun since we were in Thaksin Regime. Thailand try to getting back in the democracy way but for a nation to achieve democracy the majority of the people have to want it. Thai people should learn to convey our ideas and opinion on democracy sincerely, without getting personal and without resorting to violence. Moreover, I really feel sorry to hear that many foreigners are considering leaving Thailand , including you and Miranda! That's unpleasant news at all! Therefore, I hope to see true restoration of democracy and removal of military from Thai politics soon. (^^*)
8th October 2007

I understand you.
My opinion about this situation is I understand your mind. I know you're foreigner and I'm very sure that you would like to feel only good things here.And actually you come from democratic's country so when you're here and there's the military coup.This can make you feel bad. And when the military dictatorship has implemented what many consider unfair visa requirements.This make you feel worse. So I think if I were you,I'll feel like you.However you are in Thailand now so you should to make your life be happy, that I think you can do.Because I think all of the country in the world has their problem so if you can make your mind feel good ,everywhere'll be your paradise.
8th October 2007

Look over Thai politics
I think that the Thai people also the foreigners are sured that this is the war between the military dictorship and the other who lost the power. The situation in the present is just the same before September 2006. His time is too short to clean up the old power which is still in politics. The politicians which under the old power are sured that he'll (Thaksin) come back. While we are confused and frightened there is only one who still with us, our King.
8th October 2007

This event shows us about ineffective of security system. Because we had experience from bombing on New year celebrate.I think, it never had again. But now we see it. It make a lot of Thai people fear and make many foreigners don't want to come to Thailand. It make more effect for Thailand. I hope, after election on December everything maybe change to good way more than now.
9th October 2007

stay . . .
Hello ! What i think about what has happened lately is that it is kind of sad. I always feel sad when i see this kind of news such as peoples got killed especially good people . I do agree with you that Thailand is getting more risky to livee but i also agree with K.Aoy who did comment on October 6 that we should not blame the government for what has happened here. Because i think this government already do their best and Thailand has been suffer about this problem for so long and it need time to get better. For the foreigners it is so unfair for them. They didn'tdo anything wrong. And it is really bad news to know that you are considering to leave Thailand . I think we all who love Thailand should stay here and do everything we can to help Thailand get better .
9th October 2007

still have faith
Hello I do agree with you . After a military coup in September of 2006 nothing get better but worse. All the bad things that has happened before still happening including bombing and everything. I think it is normal that all the foreignersare considering leaving Thailand because of all the dangers. But i think that leaving Thailand is not the best solution . I think we can do better . And since Thai people are so nice and friendly and good things still are happening everyday if we take a look in good side ! so i think it is worst to stay !!
9th October 2007

nice!
Hi Mr.Bryan I am shock about you are planningto leave Thailand . It is sad . I think Thai people are nice and kind but what are happening in Thailand are caused by Mr. Thaksin's government who did a lot bad things. I think those still effect Thailand until these day . In my opinion Thailand is the best country to stay . Thai people are nice and JAI-DEE . Thai food are so delicious . Thailand is a very beautiful country. Even today Thailand is getting more risky but i think the rest of it are still nice.
9th October 2007

I want my peaceful Country back!!!
Good Day Father Christmas!!! I think today Thailand becomes to a field that everyone flight to snatch benefits especially influential persons. Nobody (of influential persons) love Thailand, everyone just think that how must they do to get the benefits from the country and possess the country. Thai people who don't have living status like them are just the tool that makes them go to the legitimate entire power. However, Thai people still have a good luck that we have the good King who really loves Thailand and Thai people. He helps us to have areas in our country. If we don't have The King, I think our country would be not different from Burma that is governed by Military regime who has stolen happiness and peacefulness from the people. I think the bomb is one signal that is telling us that the peaceful society is going away from Thailand.
9th October 2007

There's no good or bad but thinking makes it so.
Good day Mr. Bryan, This kind of topic has always come up to my mind over the last 3 months since one of my friends has taken the course called “Violence and Non-violence” and he often talks about it when we have a chat. I’ve learnt that the violence in Thailand isn’t the thing that has just begun. It’s been suppressing within the Thai society for so long. And, the thing that people see it as more violence, actually, is the result of what we have ignored. Counting through all the thousands attacks are, now, the price we have to pay. The unity in the society can’t be formed if we still have the word ‘the terrorists and the government’ in the news. One thing I have to admit is that the problem is now very hard to reconcile but it doesn’t mean there is no way at all. The harmonious way, I think, is the best but it’d take such a long time and not a smooth way to go. Some might think this's too far optimistic but if you look more closely you’ll see it’s the way of the world. Have you ever heard that “Rome can’t be built within a day”? For me, this quote is telling me something unwritten; not only it was built in many days, but also many lives have to be involved and sacrifice. Things can be achieved if we do have faith so, please do stay with us, Mr.Bryan, and help us building ‘Rome’.
9th October 2007

There is no good or bad but thinking makes it so.
Good day Mr. Bryan, This kind of topic has always come up to my mind over the last 3 months since one of my friends has taken the course called “Violence and Non-violence” and he often talks about it when we have a chat. I’ve learnt that the violence in Thailand isn’t the thing that has just begun. It’s been suppressing within the Thai society for so long. And, the thing that people see it as more violence, actually, is the result of what we have ignored. Counting through all the thousands attacks are, now, the price we have to pay. The unity in the society can’t be formed if we still have the word ‘the terrorists and the government’ in the news. One thing I have to admit is that the problem is now very hard to reconcile but it doesn’t mean there is no way at all. The harmonious way, I think, is the best but it’d take such a long time and not a smooth path to go. Some might think this is too far optimistic but if you look more closely you’ll see it’s the way of the world. Have you ever heard that “Rome can’t be built within a day”? For me, this quote is telling me something unwritten; not only it was built in many days, but also many lives have to be involved and sacrifice. Things can be achieved if we do have faith so, please do stay with us, Mr. Bryan and help us building ‘Rome’.
9th October 2007

Instability in Thailand
Good Day, Pf.Bryan In my opion about your article,Thailand being in bad situation. It's has a lot severe event happen in every day and I don't know this changing come from ? but I want Thailand have a peaceful like the old day. Because of bombing make everything in Thailand go to down hill such as economic , political ,social . So, the government should be stop this sereve event to make sure and convince to people. Important thing everybody in Thailand should be harmony for pass bad situation and I believe that Thailand must peaceful again .
9th October 2007

THAT's all
Hi,Mr.Bryan From this event i feel very sorry about that . what happen to Thailand.??????????? Do this country talking with bomb and gun. Personally i feel that our country getting more violent and everything seems getting worst since da coup
10th October 2007

No more violence
Hi!Ajan Bryan.I am really sad about situation in thailand now.Many people might be live in fears.I think it should vo over as soon as posible.The effect of this situation cause many problems to Thailand.For example,the images ,ecomomics or political instability.The government should find a protecrion or somthing else to the country peaceful again.All of Thai people should do it too,we are all thai.this is our country.Do it for yourself and our King.
10th October 2007

Bombing effect in Thailand
In my opinion, bad situation in this time makes Thailand looks so dangerous country in foreigner ’s sight. This bomb impact many section such as economy, politic and society. From many problem, it makes Thai government must to seek a best way to solve risk matter for national security. Unity and collaboration are important thing that necessary for Thailand. Finally, I hope Thai people are all desirous of peace.
10th October 2007

Election after the coup
The government has fixed the election day on December 23th this year. But I don't think the government is going to make it because of several reasons.The first one is the old power group is trying to intervent the situation which make it worse.The other one is the instability of the govrenment which you can see from the resignation of some ministers. The government cannot control the situation because there are several bombings occured both in Bangkok and the southern part of Thailand. Finally, if the government cannot arrange these kinds of problems, Thailand will lose their reputation in the world stage.
10th October 2007

a little light in the tunnel...
Now this is a bad situation in Thailand. when the foreigners know Thailand is an unsafe place,they don't want to come. This cause effect to economy of our country.(Nobody don't want to travel and invest in Thailand) I hope after the election on December this year everything will be better. At least the democracy government is better than the dictatorship government.
10th October 2007

Thailand need the hero
Good day. I think the bomb event (last month) is a bad thing. What is the possible way to solve this problem?? Who can solve this?? I don't know but I think now Thailand maybe need the hero who can bring the peaceful back to our country.
10th October 2007

hope...
Good day Mr. Bryan .I very confuses with the situation that grow up in Thailand. First, there is the coup in September 2006.It’s very fast for this event. Next, this year has the first referendum in Thailand and will have an election in December. I can’t guess that what is going on for Thailand. For today Thailand have full of crimes, terrorists in the south, corruption in the political. The thing that I can do for this time is hope for peaceful in Thailand again. End.
10th October 2007

Thailand will peaceful again...
Good Day !!! Aj.Bryan , I'm regretful for this event (A military coup in september,2006) that made you shock. Personally,I feel bad. After a military da coup noting get better but worse.Everything in Thailand wicked such as political, economic,social and people (both Thai people and foreigner).The unity in the society can't be formed.However, I believe that violence must decrece.Because,Thai people had Good King who love and concern people.Another, Thai people are nice and love peace.In the future,Thailand must peaceful again.
10th October 2007

Oh Santa's blog!!!
Good day teacher Bryan.Last year ,last month and today, there have been many bombardments in Thailand.I think These have become the fashion of terrorists,however, there's no one can solve these problems.The reason why these problems cannot be solved yet is because the terrorists have hidden themselves among the passerby and use this opportunity to set the bomb. If we really want to solve these problems, we would have to install the camera all over the country and then Thailand would be written on the guinness book because we are the country that install the most cameras in the world. P.S. - your blog is very nice,and your wife is so beautiful. - thx for give me grade A. 555
10th October 2007

bad government?
Good day Mr. Bryan. In my opinion, I disagree with the idea of a taxi driver about bad government. I think that we cannot put the right person to the right job. Now we still hoping that the next election that will be held in December is the best way for our country. Every problems will be solved and foreigners will not think about leaving Thailand.
10th October 2007

Trust , Faith and Hope
Good day, Pf Bryan. I think that Thai people should have trust, faith and hope our government that they can solve problems on this situation. It's not a good idea if Thai people still fighting. We have to help each other to solve problems. Not only one person but every person can do that. Thailand will be the place of peace soon.
11th October 2007

What 's in the world
Hello Prof.Bryan , I think it's bad news for Thailand and I feel worry about situation in my country. In the past Thailand was the peace country ,opposite Mynmar or Cambodia, and I very proud to be Thai . But now I fear and don't trust anythings.If I am the foreigner I absolutly won't come to travell in this country.
11th October 2007

Why don’t we united ?
I agree with you. Now in Thailand, there are more violence than before. What’s wrong with my country? …. Nobody knows … But one thing that I know this violence decrease the happiness of Thai people ... I don’t care and don’t want to know who did that and what is their aim? But I would like them to know that we are in a wonderful country, we have the greatest king, we have many beautiful attractive places, we are very kind and etc. Why don’t we united ????????? … I would like my country back to a normal situation … I hope we can solve a violence situation in south part of Thailand…. I would like to have a transparency government and I would like to have the prime minister who will do everything for my country without their own interest.
11th October 2007

Don't worry. Everything is gonna be alright !!!!
hello,Bryan. Everyone say good day to you and so do i. How are you? I hope you enjoy while you read our comments. First of all,I feel sorry to you that some situations in this beautiful country don't make you feel safe anymore. But don't worry, everything's gonna be alright not only for us,Thais,but also for foreigners like you too.About the violence which had happened in Thailand,it's always because of politics.Not only nowadays but it has been like this for long time. It is simple that everyone can be blinded by power. Therefore,person who like to have that power can do anything to struggle for it without thinking of safety of citizens like the explosion at the end of the last September.Many people get hurt or die from the violence and all Thais definitely feel sorry for this. Althogh,now,many things like economics,society,etc is getting worse, I still believe that bad things won't be last long here and everything is getting better very soon.Because this beautiful land has the greatest king as a chief of Thailand and it is lived by people who have kind and pleasant heart.We all will help to dismiss the evil things and bring peaceful back again.Thailand will be the land of welcome and smile like it used to be. Anyway,I hope that you will help us and wait here until we reach that day together.
11th October 2007

So bad...
Good day, Mr.Byan.In my opinion,I feel bad of the situation,which I think it's beyond the state control and it's effect to Thai economics, for example, many foreign tourists are considering leaving (including Miranda and I) from Thailand because they think, it is not safe and they will have many questions when they travel in Thailand such as how they can still stay there and survive from the violence.That's the bad thing for Thailand.Finally, I think, life must go on, it takes time for us, Thai people, to learn to live with this unprecedented kind of fear and to help each other to develop our country to be better.
11th October 2007

Things is not too tough!!! from tuff
Good day, Bryan. When i finish reading your article which say that you feel not safe in Thailand, i don't feel happy to know that. As a foreigner, I understand of your fright but don't leave now. Stay as long as you can until the day that peace is brought back. Violence, because of politics might be severe but i believe that person who get involved just want to intimidate the other side not to hurt people like you or me. The violence from political conflict is getting harder which make everything gone bad like politics, economics and people's mind. I can do nothing much by myself but if we, Thai people, help each other to decrease this crisis. The situation will get better and happiness will come back to Thailand again.
12th October 2007

Bombing in Thailand
Good Day, In my opinion I serious about situation because it effect to economy, social and security of country. In the past Thailand have no violence incident, but Thailand have a name to like the land of smile. Now The country look like a battle field that all place more dangerous and people feel afraid and suspicious about this. I hope the peaceful turn back to Thailand.
12th October 2007

Social divided
Good day,Pf. Bryan. I think Thailand has many political problems nowadays because Thai people have different way of thinking. Many of them have their own individual interest that they can do everything to gain it,especially politician. When politician cared only their benefits they won't care about national interest,so it will be more social divided of Thai people and it can undermine democracy at last. Anyway,I think Thai people should stop the conflict by trying to reconcile the seriously situation. Always think that we have the same king and I know that everyone loves the king,so we should stop selfish and think of national interest more than individual interest. If we can do that I think Thailand will be peaceful again.
12th October 2007

I want civil liberties and political rights back!!!
Aj.Byan , I agree with your opinion "Good King, Good people, Bad government!" I don't like this goverment's behavior because they make many confuses ,many problems and don't care citizen. They make a spilt in thailand,don't believe "consensus" will come in Thailand while this goverment stay. Bombing may be a sign of confussion in Thai Royal Army that effect Thailand's characteristic .
12th October 2007

CNS make me sick
Good day Aj.Bryan,bombing was show me to see nation's security. After 19 /sep/06 , I imaged that it might be my bad dream ,of cause,it true. this PM and CNS led Thailand to the hell edge closely. Now,Thailand have many conflicts amd have a split that I think it cause by CNS absolutly. CNS make many confusses such as bombing ,consensus crisic. CNS make Thailand and me sick
12th October 2007

where is peaceful ?
A bomb exploded near the Army Headquarters make I think the political situation now is more violence. In the past bombing occurred in southern of Thailand but now it happened in Bangkok – have shaken people confidence. Nobody can guarantee the security of people . I think maybe it link to the New Year Eve’s bombing because there’re small bombs disseminated in various places without intent to kill as many people as possible . Hope Thailand will peaceful again soon.
12th October 2007

Thai Identity: chronic supremacy scramble
Exploded in Bangkok again!! The bomb has been planted at the Army headquarters and exploded on Sunday night. Some people said the explosion’s purpose was to say good bye to General Sonthi. Some said its aim was to give the gift to General Sonthi on his birthday. However what was the purpose is not important. But it’s serious problem because it’s saying that Thai politics is not stable and Thai people almost love the violence. Even this problem isn’t caused by normal people, but it made people fear wherever they go. Maybe after the election, I hope the problem would calm down more because I think the main cause of bombing come from the conflicts between political divisions. However, events that happened in Thailand didn't need any problem solution b'cause in think it bacame identity of thai politics already"" it is everyday life.
12th October 2007

Thai Identiry: Chronic
Exploded in Bangkok again!! The bomb has been planted at the Army headquarters and exploded on Sunday night. Some people said the explosion’s purpose was to say good bye to General Sonthi. Some said its aim was to give the gift to General Sonthi on his birthday. However what was the purpose is not important. But it’s serious problem because it’s saying that Thai politics is not stable and Thai people almost love the violence. Even this problem isn’t caused by normal people, but it made people fear wherever they go. Maybe after the election, I hope the problem would calm down more because I think the main cause of bombing come from the conflicts between political divisions. However. this problem didn't need any solution to solve because i think political events in thailand now became identity of Thai politics already..it is everyday life.
12th October 2007

Don't worry abuot this ,Mr Bryan
Even though the bombs increase in bangkok, you can be assured that you aren't their target (If you don't want). Why do I think that it is a politic bomb? Because it's the Thai politic culture that began from uncompletely democracy in Thailand. After revolution in 1932(2475 BD), Thai seemed to have the democracy.But actually the administration was controlled by military dictatorship, except some period that the authority was transfered to bureaucrat. No matter what real authority was owned by who, the national resources was still not provided to all of people thoroughly. The abandant of interest cause why everybody would like to be he leader of government or the ministry which could corrupt more the other one. So, the violence is not astonishing and it's ready to happen anytime when someone ,who wants the rising ,was toppled.
12th October 2007

Bad day in big city,little love
Now everybody is worry about situation in thailand. Violence and danger can happen with everybody in everywhere and everytime. Every bomb events that happened in the past, government can't did everything to find the truth. One thing that government always did and still do it that is "let's it be". That means they don't have efficiency. I thing the best ways we should do is accept the truth and learn to live with them. Give your love and share your happiness to people around you. Lastly you wouldn't fear bad things when you must face with them anymore. And you can say sorry, I'm happy with them. Finally, I hope this words"Good day" that you always say will happen in thailand everyday. (P.S.) I known you feel blue and don't safty. I can't stop you go but I hope you still stay and want to see you again
12th October 2007

1
11
13th October 2007

Now Thailand is facing many terrible incidents involving bombing. Therefore I think it definitely makes our own country’s image looks bad and not so safe for foreigners or even Thai people. Moreover, this will decrease confidence from other countries and might affect Thailand it many ways like economy or tourism. I hope the situation will get better and happiness will come back to Thailand soon.
13th October 2007

Worst situation!!
Bryan,pls..don't leave Thailand! Now,people and foreigners are frightened such as bombs,safe and political instability.Government should do something done about this instability to make people and foreigners are not anxious about this.But now government still focus on the stocks and gains of ministers.What's urgent more??? peaceful country or transparency minister? (It's both important but country is more!)... I think some government didn't study about 7habits that what's should do before or next... Hahaha... Anyway,i like a Thai taxi driver point "Good King, Good people, Bad government!"
13th October 2007

The politic and the violence nowadays
I do think so, Pf.Bryan. Thailand is now much more violence than the past. I think that many incidents are caused by Thai politic. Nowadays, there are so many rubbish politicians in the institute. Some want to be in the congress in the order to take the benefit for their businesses. Some just want to gain the power. And many just dispute in the “personal” articles like why the prime minister has a land on Khao-Yai-Tiang. There is nobody concern about the people happiness. Sometime, their conflicts are so severe that can cause violent incidents as we see nowadays, bomb blast. And without knowing what they did wrong, the people have to suffer from those incidents, become panic and feel unsafe in their life.
13th October 2007

The politic and the violence nowadays
I do think so, Pf.Bryan. Thailand is now much more violence than the past. I think that many incidents are caused by Thai politic. Nowadays, there are so many rubbish politicians in the institute. Some want to be in the congress in the order to take the benefit for their businesses. Some just want to gain the power. And many just dispute in the “personal” articles like why the prime minister has a land on Khao-Yai-Tiang. There is nobody concern about the people happiness. Sometime, their conflicts are so severe that can cause violent incidents as we see nowadays, bomb blast. And without knowing what they did wrong, the people have to suffer from those incidents, become panic and feel unsafe in their life.
13th October 2007

Thailand, The land of conflict.
Good day , All serious situation in thailand such as bombing, Democratic protesting, and coup d'etat , cause of these situation is conflict of different ideology groups. The bomb exploded outside the Thai military headquarters in the capital on Sunday (September 30, 8 PM GMT), I tkink this situation make fear for many people but the government can't find a bomber. From situation, many people concern about they safety that the governmet can't protect them. In the last the people should protest the government about safety of people.
13th October 2007

Don't worry
Good day Aj.Brian, From your block I agree with you. I think the government should be consider to occured the loss and to solve the problem quickly. The government have to security for Thai people and foreigner who lives in Thailand. If the brutal occur with foreigner and get the loss, it demage the imaging of Thailand. I think Thai government should be consider the security of people who live in Thailand more than the political disputability. However, people in Thailand who are good have more than bad so foreigner don't worried. I belive that the goodness must to win the wickedness.
13th October 2007

something lost
Good day, Mr.Bryan. I feel very sorry about your planning to leave Thailand and so many foreigners seem to do that so. I agree with you that Thailand now is not safety and people also feel panic and unsafe. Many events occured and effected on politic, economic and social. The image of Thailand now is terrible. From the beautiful and peaceful country, now it' isn't. I do hope and faith that the situation will be better soon. I believe Thai people always have a good heart. We do love our GREAT KING!. We will do anything to make our home to be livable. We will do to make our father to be proud and happy so.
13th October 2007

I don't want soldier's government
Hello Mr.Byran! I think this topic is for real,and it's going to be bad if soldiers take part in Political.They are stronger and they think they should participate 'n judge to be the ruler in Thailand.So when we have the political problem or crisis,they must solve the problem by coup d'etat or overthrow,then Thailand Political will go down and deep in development.That's the main problem in our society and wait to be solve.Thank you.
13th October 2007

Scary situation
I think that the bomb situation in Bangkok was happened on 30th sep 07. It makes foreigners and Thai people not safe in their life(me too). The bomber did the scared situation since new year 2007 and I was very scary because just 20 minutes before an exploded bomb, I stood at Victory monument's bus stop where was a place of bomb at 6 p.m. I saw a police car to survey near my point and I think that the police had an information about bombing. After the situation, No one can do nothing so at Victory monument had injure people and dead men. Both new year 2007 and 30th sep 07 bomb are dangerous for everyone and Military government can not find a bomber. They can't guess who are a annoyance; for example, The southern terrorist, the oppose military government party or a man in military government. Above of all make Thailand's economic declined so I hope that Thai people had to love their country same their King as soon as they can. P.s. Aj.Bryan, I want to tell you that your home is a safty place more than everywhere.
14th October 2007

Bombing in Thailand
"No politcal bombing in Thailand has ever been solved. I guess this one will be the same, and as with all the others those the message is aimed at will know who sent it and why." I'm not sure this is entirely correct, but I understand you to mean no case has ever been cleanly proven, certainly true.On this subject, some of the more imaginative juntophiles on this forum were claiming at the time of the New Years Eve bombings that our late PM had teamed up with southern Islamic terrorists to wreak vengeance on Sonthi and other self proclaimed saviours of the nation.We now know this to be paranoid fantasy but I seem to have missed the subsequent apologies.Regular forum members will know I am very far from being a fan of Thaksin but newcomers should be aware that for some no lie is too outrageous, no vulgarity too excessive (Pojaman's girth for example),no manipulation of truth too excessive if somehow Goebbels-like Thaksin can be tarnished.
14th October 2007

I'm worry about the phenomenon in My country
Good day, this phenomenon that is bomb occurred in 2 sunday ago make nation's security drop . I agree with you about Bangkok more violence . This time, I think Prime minister and we should be done anything for living in our country . If we love Thailand and the King ,we have to be union and help together because all people in Thailand have one father. We can solve the serious problems with ourselves and we can do.
14th October 2007

Now Thailand is danger country because it is governed by the dictatorship."Dictatership does not give liberty/freedom and peace for anyone".The bomb occured in front of army headquarter,I think this incident is terrorism that mean -- >> the use of violence or threat of violence + against civilians or civilian targets + to inspire fear and a general sense of insecurity + for political ends. So,the last bomb I call "state terrorism". Good day A.Bryan today I live in my hometown Ranong, a small city next to Andaman sea in the south region of Thailand and far from Bangkok 568 kms.I am very happy because it has a fresh air and no terrorism. See you tomorrow.
14th October 2007

Entry56 Bangkok more violence
In my idea I thought Thailand have many problems for long time but it's depence on the news that how to report them. Nowaday it's very important to keep an eye on the political situation because Thailand just have a coup on the 19 september 2006 (just only one year past)so every news are show how the new government work e.g.efficiency or not?(as you know from the last government Thailand was separated 1.agree with the coup ,the other are not) so maybe these violences are the destiny of the new government.
14th October 2007

thai security
I think the violence is the human's in-born traits. It's shown when we get angry or really oppose someone. But the state that already receive the power from the people have to guarantee the safty life and property to the people. In 3 provinces in the south of Thailand(where the terrorism has taken place for a long time) should not allow teacher or people to carry a short gun with them because it's a state's duty and responsibility to our life! I hope that allowance will not be proposed for the people in Bangkok,the capital of Thailand,bacause it show us a unsecure country and a failed law and failed justice system.
14th October 2007

Thaksin is bad but Surayuth is worse!!!
Good day, Mr.Bryan. I agree with you in current situation of Thailand. I think Mr.Thaksin’s Government is bad, but now I have to change my mind. Now, I think Gen.Surayuth’s Government is worse than Mr.Thaksin’s Government because bad situations such as bombs and violence in Gen.Surayuth’s era have more than in Mr.Thaksin’s era. Moreover, Gen.Surayuth’s Government cannot fix the problems of Mr.Thaksin’s Government and the problems are still increasing. But dear Mr.Bryan, please do not leave Thailand.
14th October 2007

I want the election..
Good day Pf.Bryan. I feel so sad! Yes, There have several serious problem in my country that make me so sad.From your topic I agree with "Good King,Good people,Bad government".Now the important problem in Thailand is Politic crisis which result from bad government.Government of Thaksin lost moral and ethic so majority Thai call its "bad government".Because of these led to military government. It isn't the Democratic method so there have several Politic crisis in Thailand.Nowaday, My country have new instituation and it will have the election.In contrast, some people do something to delay the election.I disagree with these.Because if everyone wants to see the end of the country'crisis and wants democracy,we need to go to the election.Prime Minister Surayud chulanont avoid to make any conflict and intend to see the country go to election that date is set for December 23.Thus Thai people should avoid any conflict and make reconciliation in Thailand.
14th October 2007

smile of Thailand
Good day, Mr.Bryan. In my opinion, Although this situation is bad for foreigner like you. But i think it is not going to last that long. Many things will be better after we have new Government. And i'm sure that Thai people still smile and this shows that Thai people always welcome you. Thank you very much for teaching us.
15th October 2007

God bless you,Thailand.
In my opinion violence is the most important problem in Thailand at this time. Moreover situations maybe worse than this especially in 3 provinces in southern-Yala,Patthani and Narathiwas. Nowadays, we always hear or read news about southern violence seem it’s normal. I afraid and anxious in this problem. I have many questions in my mind , Why they killed people who incapable fight with them like this? They have moral in their heard or not? Are they happy to destroy our country?. Not only 3 provinces in southern have violence but also in Bangkok was bombed in many places since the end of 2006. Today Thai people stay with fear of violence. Nobody don’t confident in security of their life. Anyway I hope my hometown,Thailand will back to the land of smile and peaceful again. We must to believe to walk through this worst situation.
15th October 2007

God bless you,Thailand.
situations maybe worse than this especially in 3 provinces in southern-Yala,Patthani and Narathiwas. Nowadays, we always hear or read news about southern violence seem it’s normal. I afraid and anxious in this problem. I have many questions in my mind , Why they killed people who incapable fight with them like this? They have moral in their heard or not? Are they happy to destroy our country?. Not only 3 provinces in southern have violence but also in Bangkok was bombed in many places since the end of 2006. Today Thai people stay with fear of violence. Nobody don’t confident in security of their life. Anyway I hope my hometown,Thailand will back to the land of smile and peaceful again. We must to believe to walk through this worst situation.
15th October 2007

Victim
Bombing in BKK at the end of last year was assumed as political problem, I thnk that shows a dark side of political situation in Thailand, Elites use their power ilegimately, people was used as victim. It is a problem of political structure in Thailand which whoever have hard way to answer.
15th October 2007

violence...
Many people believe that we can stop violence with non violence and start peaceful.But I think violence is not strange in the community.It can appear everywhere and everytime.violence can happen with child until adult.I think we can't stop it but we can abate the violence to soft situation.I think thai government solve the problem with out systematically and carelessly.
17th October 2007

The Best Teacher
You are the best teacher. I will don't forget Communicative Business English 2 at 2.00 p.m.
25th October 2007

Bad Government, Sad Country
Thailand used to be a peaceful beautiful country. But day after day, things've gone in the different way. Bombs and murders in the south, demonstrations and protests in the capital seem like they won't stop so soon. What's wrong with thai people? I really don't think that they're satisfied, but I still don't have any ideas with all they did. About Bangkok, I personally think that the leader really know the causes, the processes and whoever behind these situations, but the reason why sometimes he didn't do anything to against them is just because the benefits. The more I think, the more complicated. Well, however, you don't really consider leaving, do you? I just hope you don't because Thailand's still a beautiful country. Importantly, they still need good teacher like you. This is what you should consider. Thank you so much.
25th August 2011

Confusion
I think there is a problem with the title.
11th February 2012

Brings back pleasant memories.
Surprised to see the hotel where "the Slab" had been. Things change so quickly. Is The Wendy House same as before? Thank you for sharing. Good to see all the familiar faces and relive that wonderful Christmas Eve gathering. Roberta

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 6; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0929s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb