Number One!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
August 17th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we made it! Just a quick one to start us off. Sitting in an internet cafe just off Khao San Road. It's bloody hot here! Ha! Arrived yesterday, caught bus out to KS Rd and then found a room-900 Baht for two nights - roughly 65ish baht to pound - I'll let you do the maths. Anyhoo, tis pretty cheap. Wandered down the KS Road last night, got some Pat Thai from a street hawker before they ran away from a lone police officer on patrol! Haha. Went to the Grand Palace today - was impressive as was the weather - no thunderstorms yet, just hot and sunny. We shared a couple of rottis today after the palace. We're heading to a big market tomorrow , staying one more night in Bangkok and then heading to Kanchanburi which we like to call Canterbury coz we keep struggling with the pronunciation! Goons! Plans from there are to head north to Lopburi and eventually on through to Chiang Mai. From there we think we'll goto Laos. Could all change, but that's a rough idea for now. Not eaten any bugs as yet, have seen them but we're not too keen! Hehe. Also saw cooked mice and rats on one stall today and the dried squid looks pretty grim. There's some yummy stuff around though.

Sorry no pictures yet, will add some when we get a chance (and have taken a few more).

Hope you're all really well.

Be in touch soon please!!

Love to all,

Laura and Dave :o) x

Advertisement



17th August 2007

Rats and Mice ;o(
Hey you two! sounds like you are having a great time already but I would give the Rats and Mice a miss personally. Update Old Ma Sutton on your Text message and just forwarded details of blog. Missing you guys already and its only been a matter of days. Off to London tomorrow - not quite as exciting as your adventure. Booked a romantic Champagne ride on the London Eye that Matt doesn't know about along with a visit to Comedy Store to see Paul Merton. Love love love ya loads. Hope you are still doing Major Minor tune and actions ;o) Gooooooonnnnns!
17th August 2007

Rats and Mice ;o(
Hey you too! sounds like you are having a great time already but I would give the Rats and Mice a miss personally. Update Old Ma Sutton on your Text message and just forwarded details of blog. Missing you guys already and its only been a matter of days. Off to London tomorrow - not quite as exciting as your adventure. Booked a romantic Champagne ride on the London Eye that Matt doesn't know about along with a visit to Comedy Store to see Paul Merton. Love love love ya loads. Hope you are still doing Ma
17th August 2007

Sounds great!
It sounds lovely so far and it is only your first entry! Keep well and have fun!
17th August 2007

thunderstorms
You may not have had a thunderstorm yet but I sat eating supper overlooking Lake Victoria whilst the sky performed a fantastic light show. Unfortunately I'll be heading back to Norfolk whilst you continue on to some brilliant places. Enjoy yourself - it sounds like a great start to your journey.
18th August 2007

Sounds wicked. Seems as though you are settling in well!! I'd avoid the bugs cant be too much nutrition involved!! Look forward to seeing your pics. All well here. Will let you know any gossip just as soon as i have some!! Lots of love, take care, hx

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb