Bangok - Farewell To Team Gibbons


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 17th 2007
Published: August 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Upon arrival in Bangkok there was only one choice on where to stay. Of course it was back to our grand palace hotel (well to us it was) with the swimming pool on top of the roof. We were all just briefly stopping in Bangkok before going on our separate ways. For us we had already seen most of Bangkok so we had a casual time by the pool, while the rest of the group done the usual touristy grand palace and temple visits. So we were all going to go our separate ways after spending the last couple of weeks together from the jungle, thru chiang rai,chiang mai and now into Bangkok. So a massive night out to say goodbye had to be done. Heine that we met in Cambodia, met up with us and try as hard as we could we could not get hold of the legend Roland the German from our last visit to Bangkok, We think he must be in Kazakhstan checking his oil seed rape investments!! (Yes that is true!!) Anyway the night was a great night good food, good company and the drinks flowed...fast. Now the only problem with this night was that im sure the police were following us as we went to two nightclubs and they both got shut down not long after we arrived, which was most annoying. Apparently this was due to a bomb going off close to the Grand Palace, there was no mention of any bombs in the local papers over the next couple of days so this seemed a little far fetched. Jan decided to take it upon himself to argue with the police and nightclub owner about the closing down of one club, as he felt we were seriously ripped off. In truth we had been as we'd payed an entry fee and the drinks were very expensive. Now Jan at this stage was seriously well oiled with drink, and his argument was one of the funniest things I have experienced and to his credit he did get some free drinks, how he managed that by telling the owner in his country he is shit and a chicken has more stature I will never know.

So the next day arrived and it was time to say farewell to the team. I went for a quick dash to the Khao san Road to buy lots of cheap t-shirts and met the guys back at Oh My Cod, which was an awesome English Cafe next to our hotel. Without doubt they serve the best baked beans on toast in Asia for sure!.

It was quite emotional to say goodbye to the guys as we really had all become good friends over such a short space off time. It felt quite strange as we travelled to the airport to catch the plane to Phuket. It was very quiet and felt like we had left some good friends behind but hopefully we will all be meeting at Full Moon in Koh Pagnan in June so the reunion isn’t long off!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



25th August 2007

Roland
We'll have to see if we can get him to meet us on the next Ring trip mate :D A great read. See you soon
26th August 2007

would be cool mate , did you see the review of the v8's on big power in events section mate. Enjoy and save a place for me when you visit the ring next year after april!!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb