We're Here!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 3rd 2007
Published: July 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a week of family fun and excess at Rujuta's wedding, Mihira and I are about to switch gears completely. In our hitchhiker-style backpacks, we've packed an abridged version of the bare necessities --- bug spray, sunscreen, a few pairs of clothes and a camera. Yes, that's right. I have no makeup or hair products. Lord help me. Anyway, we left Delaware completely exhausted and 24 hours later and a layover in Tokyo, we've found ourselves in Bangkok. Our first reaction: Damn, we're tall. Our second reaction: Man, it smells like India. Our third reaction: Wow, this could be so much worse!

We barely slept last night on account of the 12 hour time difference, the growing fear of being eaten by bugs and trying hard not to roll off our bed sheets from home and onto the questionable hostel bedding. After accepting the fact that we couldn't sleep any longer, we decided to get an early start to the day, discovering that cold hostel showers are, well, kind of awesome in 90 degree humidity.

Anyway, we're about to go explore the city and find some food. Our cousins Arpan and Anuj are meeting up with us in a few days, so there will more details and photographs to come soon!

Advertisement



7th July 2007

wah wah wah!
so, on my walk home from hanging with simon, bhavin, bhau, and co, i thought of you guys and texted heeral's phone saying 'wah wah i miss you, postcard me.' it was all a big surprise to gchat with you only moments later. hoorah for mimu feeling tall!!! glad you guys made it safely, keep us informed of all things good, bad, ugly. maybe you shouldnt post pics though, what with lack of hair products and such. anyhoo, miss you lots. nighteroo. milims
9th July 2007

this is exZITING
i am now a proud subscriber to your travelblog. please write frequently. thanks. hope you're having fun!!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb