Back to Bangkok - Day 64 - 65


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 10th 2007
Published: May 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Back to Bangkok to catch our flight to Vietnam and do some last minute shopping. Since we have loved the food in Thailand so much we decided to take a cooking class on our last full day at the Blue Elephand cooking school. We had a blast! We started by taking a market tour with our Thai guide. She showed us the different Thai spices and ingredients. It is fun to see what Thais buy on their daily market outings - fresh fish caught daily, beautiful produce and various fried insects... yummy! After the market we went back to the culinary institue and took our class. We would see a dish made by the chef and then go in to the "lab" and try making it our self. The day ended with a lavish lunch of all the dishes we made. We were so stuffed!

Our last night was spent shopping. The markets are really mellow durring the day, but around 6pm everything comes to life. There are shops and tables set up along the streets selling food, clothing, pirated CDs, jewerly - pretty much everything you can think of. Some of our favorite items for sale were the fake drivers licenses and the breifcase size zippo lighters - in case you need to light a cigarate the size of your arm. : )

Khop Khun Kha Thailand! (thank you)
Its been real! On to Vietnam...



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Coconut ShreddingCoconut Shredding
Coconut Shredding

Pat was going to help this man shred coconut at the market until he noticed that he had a few fingertips missing.


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb