first day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
July 25th 2005
Published: July 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

just flew into bangkok, finally. 21 hours on a plane (give or take an hour) someone once said getting there is half the fun... i'd like to meet that man. althogh we had a rather interestring stopover in tokyo. i was rather thirsty so i decided to grab a traditional japanese jar of water, or so i thought, it turns out it was 70% saki. so i did what any self respecting teen would do and challenged my mom to a drinking contest to which she promptly chickened out from, which makes me winner by default i suppose. when we arrived in bangkok we cvaught a cab to our hotel. which was, of course, in thai gang territory and home to countless stray animals, not to mention hookers, and bike gangs. when we woke up we left our hotel and began walking to the train in the wrong direction. so we walked for several hours until finding the sky train. which we later learned was not 5 minutes from our hotel. so we got on the train after figuring out its complicated boarding system and rode it in search of a market, but instead we found "ZEN CENTRAL" an 8 floor shopping mall. which carried brands like gucci and louis vitton, clothes worth more than my life. so we strolled arounduntil later at night. when we got to our hotel it was almost time to go to the muay thai arena at which we had front row seating. at the end of 3 of the fights one of thefights was carried out on a stretcher.
for dinner that night we went to a delightful german pub where moms "special order" got us a noodle plate minus the noodles.
the next day we went to see the wats around bangkok so we started by taking a boat to the other side of town to get to the grand palace to which we were promptly denied access due to our shorts. but no worries a man claiming to be an officer forced us into a tuk tuk to take us around for 10 bat which is like 3 cents so we said sure why not. mistake. our tuk tuk driver was whipping around the city until we got to our first stop, the giant buddha... are you ready for this?, 35 meters tall! gold platedso we observed for a while and got in our tuk tuk which brought us to 2 jewellery stores a tailor and large cashmere store. he then brought uo to a temple called the golden mountain. when we got to the front gates we had to climb hudreds of stairs to get to the top, which was beutiful. but now i have to go catch a plane sorry i couldent elaborate on anything.

HAPPY TRAILS

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb