Back to Bangers!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 17th 2006
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 186 -193



We arrived early in the morning and tuk tuk'd it to siam square, we wandered up and down one street checking out a number of fairly poor rooms before settling on the least offensive place which seemed stuck somewhere in the 70's.

We spent the next 3 days avoiding the rain by shopping in the huge siam malls, ordering a taylor made suit and shirts for Stuart along along the way. We were trying to book a final beach relax before our return but couldn't find anywhere in Thailand that wasn't raining. So we sacked it off and decided to stay in Bangkok. one the first evening we went to see a Lady boy show at the Asia hotel which looked very nice. it was very funny but a little strange.

Trying to bring a bit of variety into our stay we moved back to Kho san road for another 3 nights, where we endured more rain but managed to get a few hours by our pool. We also managed to have a couple of really nice nights at some of the quirkier bars in the area including the camper van bar which had an really good guitar man strumming away while we drank.

As a way of giving ourselves a treat we moved to the Asia Hotel, which turned out not to as nice as we imagined, especially the staff and especially the porter. Grumpy arse!! It did how ever have a nice pool and we managed to catch a few more rays. On our last night we ate a meal from a street vender, which turned out to be one of the best meals we'd had, which is quite a statement. We managed to pack all of our belongings and newly acquired bits and bobs. We hung around picking up a few more odds and sods including the suit and a hand painting of Alfie. Before getting picked up and taken to the Airport for the last time. Homeward bound, the end of a simply fantastic trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.469s; Tpl: 0.074s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb