It's hot,hot,hot!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
March 5th 2007
Published: March 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Bangkok late on the night of the 2nd March.
The ride from the airport was everything we expected...even though the road is marked quite clearly two lanes the cab drivers still use it as their personal speedway and often are at least three cars wide. It seems the speed limit signs are only there to take up space cause no one seems to take them seriously. The hotel we are staying at is great..the staff friendly and helpful and the pool is the best thing on the a hot afternoon. Speaking of hot it has been at least 36 degrees every day with high humidity. Saturday we spent the day getting orientated....just trying to figure out where you are can make you sweat!!! Sunday was market day...the mother of all markets..everything under the sun just for your shopping pleasure. We have seen a few weird things being cooked by the many street vendors...can't say for sure but some of them looked like baby mice on a stick. Monday was river ferry to the Grand Palace which was amazing!!! You'll have to wait for the photos...it was so hot!!!! we cruised on down to Kao San road to check out the gringo scene...two very,very drunk idiots were getting into a fight...glad not to be staying anywhere near there. Tuesday we are heading by bus to Cambodia and Angkor Wat...looking forward to the architecture and culture of Cambodia. Hopefully then it's on to the beach for us sun worshipers for about a week.

Advertisement



22nd March 2007

So Jelouse
Sooo happy that you guys are having a great time. Thinkin of you Lynne be safe Ayns

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb