oh the heat


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 19th 2007
Published: February 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello again

well i think i know what the life of a damp dish cloth is like, albeit a relatively clean dish cloth, but definately a wet one. I have to go back on my original statement that the weather is fine, because im struggling, tis bloody hot. and im just in a permanent state of moist uncomfortable ness.. think it may have been 40 degrees yest, mad. been wandering around the streets of bangkok for few days. the sreets are like a constant carnival, does get a bit tiring after a few days but we had to wait to get visa for cambodia which obviously they dont process over the weekend. we did the necessary tuk-tuk tour and saw the standing, sitting, black buddah.......i may have seen one doing cart wheels at this stage, there are tonnes of them. ah know the tour was good and there was a sort of buddist festival and promo for thailand tourism, which coincided with the chinese new year and the kings birthday, so all in all there are loads of flags and people offering us advice on places to visit. also saw a fab view of the city and a couple more gold statues/monument thingys. and of course the impossible to ignore tailor shops. the tuk-tuk was fairly safe, i havn't seen any road accidents here, like you might in Dublin, and considering there are more lanes and back streets and generally the cars and taxies and tuk-tuk's coming at you from every angle, thats an impressive fact. they roads are crazier altogether, its funny trying to cross them, but I think they are jsut more relaxed in general so they don'g get overly excited and drive over each other like we might back home. as for the people some are particularly helpful others just seem bored and overworked. in the resturants and guest houses the same staff work from early in the morn - 7/7.30 and maybe earlier (was not awake before this hour) and they go tis 12 at night. its tough going. its obviously the done thing to bargain for everything on the street but in the end your quibaling about 25 cent. its very cheat to live so i suppose thats worth quiet a bit more here. the food is lovely, and I absolutly love the cloths, tis like hippy heaven. so will probably end up waring 50 layers of cloths, like the mitchilin man to get them home - ther is so many i want!! people seem to get tatoos willy nilly, there are tonnes of parlours, but not to worry i wont look like a jigsaw when im home.
everything is lively and colourful and loud and in a sort of laid back busy atmosphere, hard to explain, but like a happy state of permanent fast motion.
we did manage to spen a night drinking coktails from sand castle buckets wich was lovely, the beer is good too!
off to the island tonight Khao CHANG! yippey!! oh to be able to swim and not feel lik a grubby sorta sponge! will be doing a lot or reading, which is great too.
a good few of the locals thing jack charlton and roy keane are great, oh to be famous for something else!
im sure i have more news but the slippery key board is preventing me from rampling more so next time, hopefully i wll be on golden beaches dipping in and out of the sea between drink, food, book reading, idle chat (tis great not to have anything too important to tend to)and of course th odd email.
so long.g

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb