Wat Pho and the Reclining Buddha


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
February 11th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Just thought we would send another quick update. We had the day to ourselves and wandered around Khao San Rd (the tourist strip), down to Wat Pho (Temple) and generally sweated ourselves away. I'm not sure what's going on but I have been waking up each day around 4 am. I'm also feeling under the weather right now. Nothing food related. I have a sore throat, and swollen glands. Jenn is taking good care of me though.
After wandering up and down Khao San Rd for an hour or so, we headed back to the hotel w our booty and cleaned up a bit before heading to the temple. It takes about 5 minutes to start sweating outside, and then you don't stop until you've found somewhere w air conditiong. Not that we're complaining. HeHe. The walk to the Temple was an adventure in itself. Crossing some major roads was kind of like frogger. We decided to take a guided tour through Wat Pho and learned quite a bit about Buddhism in Thailand, although the guide was a bit hard to understand. The Reclining Buddha is huge. I don't think the pictures will do it justice.
We met our group today and they seem nice. I'll guess we'll find out in the next couple of weeks.
Brandon, you would be in doll heaven here, hehe.
Well not much else to update, just wanted to send some more pics.
Andrea send your shoe size.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Chinese SculptureChinese Sculpture
Chinese Sculpture

They had quite a few of these guys in Wat Pho.
Khao San RdKhao San Rd
Khao San Rd

at night


14th February 2007

hot eh
obviously not the trip for me...ha!ha@hotter than hell not fit for man nor beast

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb