we are still alive!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 24th 2006
Published: December 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

we had a wonderful time in chiang mai (northern thailand) although it was a bit short, suvisa was an excellent host and we thank her and sam for their hospitality. we are now in bangkok staying just a block off of khao san road....this place is like mardi gras on crack!!!! i managed to catch a wonderfully annoying and vile cold virus and now chanda and nate have also caught the gamboo. we are recovering, it seems to be a run of the mill cold and not SARS or anything. i am guessing i got it from a weird woman who kept coughing on me on our flight from tokyo to bangkok. no cases of montezumas revenge (not sure what they would call it in asia....taskins revenge??) aka "the shits" as of yet, thank god! luckily everywhere we have stayed so far has lovely western toilets rather than the squat toilets that used to be prevalent here, although we did have 13 hour train ride with a squat toilet, imagine THAT on a wobbly ass train! lets just say i tried not to drink much on the ride to avoid having to pee!! chanda and i are out adventuring as nate lays wrapped in a cocoon in his room.....boys are such wussy sick people!! we are going to try to go to a restaurant belonging to a thai actress that a friend of chandas is acquainted with to watch traditional thai dance and have some dinner. now that internet cafes are aplenty, i hope to update this more often. "high speed" internet isn't so "high speed" so it may be a few days before i have the patience to upload any pictures. we hope you miss us, although, i can't say we are homesick quite yet....as it hasn't even been a week.

hugs and kisses
XOXOXOXO

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb