Hello from Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
December 9th 2006
Published: December 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WEll Hello everybody

Hope that ye are well on yer way to the Christmas sprit!! Can't wait to get home to get right smack bang into it myself!!

When i last left ye i was just after arriving in Cambodia. I loved the country but i didn't like how everything is in dollars for foreigners as it makes it a bit more expensive.
While i was there i went to see the killing fields which were really upsetting for me as it really shows of how badly the Cambodians were treated during the Kramer Rouge. As it only happen 30yrs ago so it is still fresh on the memoriesof the people.
Then it was off to ankor wat, which i really enjoyed but did not understand it much as i had not researched it much before hand.

So now i am in Bangkok and starting to enjoy it a bit more as when i got here first i was really having a case of the travellers blues, but now really enjoying it. Especally after the last couple of days.

I have been up in Kanachaburi (splet wrong) but it is where the bridge of the river kwai!! So more learing about the war, but it was actually very interesting.
Then it was onto the highlight of my trip to Thailand so far!!! I was staying on this beautiful raft house, with the river flowing by outside and and a beautful balcony that i had all to myself!! It was great, but that isn't even the highlight as also in this area on the field just outside my door were elephants!! that we got to look after and bath and ride alot. It was so much fun.

from there i went to see the tiger temple where the monks have taken in tigers that couldn't be left out in the wild, as they had been pawed by humans that ment they would be accepted by their own. I think that it is actually a bit of a money scam and didn't enjoy it much as still the tigers are locked up all day long not very nice for the poor tigers!!

Now i am back in Bangkok and tonight i am going to Koa Toa to go scuba diving for a few days, but that is all that i have left as now i am starting to count down the days with only 9 more days to go and starting to get really excited about seeing everyone again.

So for now take care and looking forward to catching up with all of ye very soon
Take care
Rosie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb