Its all in the planning..


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
November 8th 2006
Published: November 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Get up late as need a bit of a rest, today is a planning day so in no hurry.
We head into the Bangkok centre for lunch trying to work out what tours we would like to do and then begins the difficult decision on which of the hundreds of “official” tour companies to use. Lets start off by saying the hotel one is right out. Yes it is totally above board and no doubt they will offer you a fantastic homogenised tour but it comes at a price.

Our next immediate problem is what do we actually want to do? There is an awful lot to see in and around Bangkok but most of the tours do take up a whole day.

We ended up using www.changthaitravel.com by no means the cheapest available but flexible and able to cater for what we want.

We decide on a trip to the river kwai for tomorrow which also takes in the tiger temple.
To be honest, this is one area we have been keen to do so we are both looking forward to this but not sure quite what to expect.

It is early evening and we head out to Lumphini Night Market (yes another shopping expedition) This is not as good as we had hoped, the market is a little bit tired and not very buzzing, we were expecting something a bit like the Chang Mai markets and these just do not compare.

We decide to cut our losses and hit the Siam Paragon centre food court. Scarlet has some mediocre Sushi and is disappointed as she could have had better in Kula-Kula, Kev finds an Indian of sorts, and gets exactly that, an Indian…of sorts…
Not a great day in all but everything set up now for next few days.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb